• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppleganger

First Post
"Orcs are spawned from hell."

"They're all bad. I hate them even more than witches and imps."

"Though you are tainted by your evil ancestry, luckily your more dominant human qualities redeem you. You would make a great spy for the elven army, infiltrating the ranks of the demons for us."

"Corellon Lorethian guides us elves to war against the vile orcs. We shall purge them from the Realms and ultimately defeat the one-eyed demon Gruumsh. That is the way it always was, and shall always be."

Taz

First Post
“Well then, let's go!”

Taz gets ready to continue the search for the fire opal. Searching the entrance to the monastery for any traps the witch might have prepared for us meanwhile.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Re: Nope, no traps

HeavyG said:
After searching the area carefully, Taz is convinced there are no traps.

In that case, Jalon takes his magical torch from his backpack and once again pushes his way to the front of the group, descending into the ruins.

'You'd best stay back, Taz - the foul creatures of the ruins may have prepared an ambush for us.'

[OOC Clarification: Did we have time to memorise spells during our rest period? If so Jalon has Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds, 2xBless, Magic weapon and Inflict Light Wounds, in addition to his orisons. If not he's only got an ILW left, I believe.]

Doppleganger

First Post
Ivellios descends into the now familiar ruins, staying near the middle of the group with his longbow in hand.

"I can't wait to get back outside already. This claustrophobic dungeon is unbearable. Let's find this stupid rock and get outta here."

He produces a razor-edged arrow from his quiver and places it's nock against the string.

"No doubt some orcs have taken lair down here during our absense. Best be on guard."

"I suppose you doubt my suspicions, Ubaar. But that shall be your folly."

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar emerges from his long prayer with a renewed look of focus.
Gone is the exhaustion, replaced with a sense of even more reserves of strength.
"Sounds good to Ubaar - let's kick some butt - whatever's left to get in our way down there!"
Doppleganger said:
"No doubt some orcs have taken lair down here during our absense. Best be on guard."

"I suppose you doubt my suspicions, Ubaar. But that shall be your folly."
"Ahhh... it's nice and dark down here - the sun after those rainy days makes Ubaar's eyes hurt."

Ubaar hears Ivellios, and then attempts to Bluff the elf:
He blurts out "Look out, Ivellios! A pack of rampaging orcs! Right behind you!", pointing into the dark behind Ivellios.

reapersaurus

Explorer
If Ubaar's joke succeeds, he'll laugh like Woody in Toy Story after Buzz fell for it.

If not, he'll say "But Ivellios, I thought you think they're everywhere?"

Either way, he'll ask Ivellios - "And I don't think I have a folly...
What's a folly?" :confused:

He looks to Taz and whispers - "Did i lose it last time we came down here?"

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar walks over to Jalon in a quiet moment and thanks him for putting down the witch.
"It nice to have it all legal-like.
Sometimes people give me crap when I've done basically the same thing... but people trust you!

Glad I didn't haveta risk public harrassment just to put evil where it belongs - 6 feet under., and not bothering US anymore"

Jalon Odessa

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"It nice to have it all legal-like.
Sometimes people give me crap when I've done basically the same thing... but people trust you!

Glad I didn't haveta risk public harrassment just to put evil where it belongs - 6 feet under., and not bothering US anymore"

Jalon coughs to clear his throat, somehow lending even that small act his usual air of condesention.

'Rest assurred that I took no pleasure in delivering justice to that witch, Ubaar - 'twas my duty and nothing more. If a more peaceful solution could have been reached it would certainly have been favourable.'

Murhid

First Post
"This darkness is slowly turning my heart to white..."
Murhid pulls out a sunrod and lights it, hoping to illuminate the dungeon more so.

OOC: Murhid will just assume his default position which I think was in the middle some where...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads