• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar intercepts the last drink and downs it in one gulp, saying "Ewww.... that wasn't good enough for you - tell you what - Ubaar'll get you a drink you'll REALLY like tomorrow on the way to Archibald's, to get paid, OK?

For now, we should rest up for the trip tomorrow- don't want to get cramps from sore muscles if there's a battle, eh, Miss Fitness? "

Ubaar looks to estimate what time it is and how long till the night comes and they can get packed for the journey back.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
reapersaurus said:
Ubaar intercepts the last drink and downs it in one gulp, saying "Ewww.... that wasn't good enough for you - tell you what - Ubaar'll get you a drink you'll REALLY like tomorrow on the way to Archibald's, to get paid, OK?

Kytess makes an exaggerated sigh and crosses her arms sullenly.

reapersaurus said:
For now, we should rest up for the trip tomorrow- don't want to get cramps from sore muscles if there's a battle, eh, Miss Fitness? "

Distracted by Ubaar's eloquence (;)), Kytess uncrosses her arms. "Sore muscles? I don't get sore muscles. I always stay in good shape." (She stresses and stretches the first part of "always".)

Kytess calls the waitress and asks for something to eat and some water, paying her as needed.

reapersaurus

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:
Distracted by Ubaar's eloquence (;))
OOC: Oh, shove it. :)
100's of posts by Ubaar, and I post ONE not strictly totally in character, and you call me on it. LOL

I got tired of clipping some of the words, alright?

SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!! :) (j/k)

Hey, can we move this glacial pace along a bit?
Maybe get on the road, somehow get Kytess healed?
I've role-played about all I wanna with a child-like Kytess.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
(OOC)
reapersaurus said:
OOC: Oh, shove it. :)
100's of posts by Ubaar, and I post ONE not strictly totally in character, and you call me on it. LOL

I got tired of clipping some of the words, alright?

SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!! :) (j/k)
OOC:
OOC:

It doesn't bother me a bit -- Ubaar, as I recall, is quite intelligent. My point was more that Kytess was distracted so easily.

[HeavyG mode]

The group eats and drinks as needed, sleeps, and wakes up. You head for where (you hope) Archibald is.

You can talk on the way there.

[/HeavyG mode]

HeavyG

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
[HeavyG mode]

The group eats and drinks as needed, sleeps, and wakes up. You head for where (you hope) Archibald is.

You can talk on the way there.

[/HeavyG mode]

Works for me.

I didn't want to interrupt that exchange. It was like watching a tennis match, really. :D

A detect magic spell cast by (someone) reveals that the pretties are not magical in any way.

The party takes the northbound trail leading to the Dragon Coast, and away from the Giant's Run Mountains.

The weather is partly cloudy, but at least it's not raining.

After about a half day of riding north, they reach the Coastway, the road leading east to Teziir and then Westgate, and leading west towards Elversult and then the Western Heartlands.

The rest of the day's riding brings them to the gates of Teziir, a small port city of about ten thousand souls overlooking the Dragonmere. The trio of guards at the gates looks at them suspiciously as they approach.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar returns their looks firmly.

He looks over at Kytess to see how she looks (well, other than great, like always, but how is she acting?)

drs

First Post
Murhid coughs and 'takes the stand'.
"The sun is near final decent, we be travelers in need of nature's refreshing sleep, for our next days journey. Be there problems with that? May we move on?"

HeavyG

First Post
drs said:
Murhid coughs and 'takes the stand'.
"The sun is near final decent, we be travelers in need of nature's refreshing sleep, for our next days journey. Be there problems with that? May we move on?"

The guards continue to eye the heavily armed travellers suspiciously and one steps forward.

"Gate fees for foreigners is one silver piece per person. No naked weapons are permitted in the city and bows and crossbows have to be unstrung at all times. Do not make trouble and you will find your stay in Teziir a pleasant one.

Do you have any other business in town ?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads