Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Perhaps they are of two kinds," Aeiyan conjectures; then elaborates, "The few that skittered over to that corner, to scratch letters in the dust, might be magically transformed into the likenesses of the actual vermin which are still entangled on the ceiling."

Another thought occurs to him: "Or the ones entangled on the ceiling might be transformed as well; though I don't know how we could tell other than to let them attack us if they so desire."

[OOC: Does Aeiyan have time to say all of that in a single round? Or is there more time available now that the party is hesitating a bit?]

[OOC2: It won't come up in casual conversation in play: Of course Aeiyan's interjection a few posts ago wasn't an Elvish saying. However, just as the famous Aragorn listened to conversations in the Prancing Pony in Bree, so too did Aeiyan listen to conversations in the Inn of the Waltzing Bear in East Vitupersville, to get a sense of the mood of the place, and a sense who was openly carousing while others were muttering dark words to each other in small groups. In the process of listening in, he acquired a few choice expletives that he might occasionally repurpose in other situations. (That's my story as of now.)]

Li Shenron

Legend
Round 2 starts...

23 - Bartleby << we are here
21 - Sulannus
18 - Tock
9 - Rejik
4 - Aeiyan
1 - Giant Centipedes

Stowing his weapon over his back, he moves over to the insects in the corner. He kneels, and cautiously lowers an open hand towards them, seeing if they will crawl onto it without biting him.

"Let's see if they mean us any harm..." he says to his companions.

One of the three cornered centipedes timidly approaches Tock and then wiggles around his arms, harmlessly. The other two run in circles in apparent excitement.

In the meantime, the centipedes on the ceiling bite furiously at the entangling mold, with only one of them managing to get free and dropping on Bartleby. It seems quite aggressive (but no attack this round).

Li Shenron

Legend
[OOC: Does Aeiyan have time to say all of that in a single round? Or is there more time available now that the party is hesitating a bit?]

[OoC: It's ok, no problem! Also, I let Tock interact with the cornered centipedes even tho he had technically already acted, but it's no big deal, better to keep the story move forward!]

Warren LaFrance

First Post
[OoC: It's ok, no problem! Also, I let Tock interact with the cornered centipedes even tho he had technically already acted, but it's no big deal, better to keep the story move forward!]

Cautiously moving up the arm of the one called Tock, Swift pauses hoping she is not smashed like a common pest... After a momentary pause, she arches up and hisses in the direction of the ceiling...

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby is sceptical of the message itself, and is amazed at the creatures' ability to land on him specifically -- in this big too, there have been three on him, and that's too much for coincidence.

"That makes no sense! They keep landing on me."

With the arrival of the next, he feels the beast skittering over his helmet, looking (surely) for a way in. Instinctively he strikes. He he can pull back his blade sufficiently to spare it a death blow, he will do so, but he feels he is under attack, and responds appropriately.

1d20+5=20. damage 1d6+3=5.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Fortuitous!" Aeiyan exclaims to Bartleby. "Better that they should land upon you than upon Sulannus. Don't you have some kind of poison immunity?"

He looks toward Sulannus, who is still (?) standing beneath the entangled vermin. (Rejik, Aeiyan, and Tock are near the writing in the corner.)

[OOC: Still treating talking as being a free action, as though this were an earlier edition.]

Li Shenron

Legend
Bartleby is sceptical of the message itself, and is amazed at the creatures' ability to land on him specifically -- in this big too, there have been three on him, and that's too much for coincidence.

[OoC: sorry my fault, I should have made it random but forgot Sulannus is under them too]

With the arrival of the next, he feels the beast skittering over his helmet, looking (surely) for a way in. Instinctively he strikes. He he can pull back his blade sufficiently to spare it a death blow, he will do so, but he feels he is under attack, and responds appropriately.

Not sure how it's possible to avoid killing a vermin, but by the rules you can. We can say maybe you hit it with the handle of your weapon, and now it's crippled to a harmless state but not dead.

Remove ads