Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: "Leif" is the new player of the same old character, SWIFT, the halfling rogue, remember?

Sorry :p fixed now.

(OOC:also, we think we know the shield is magic (Bartleby's been using it, but I don't remember if we've been told of specific effects), and Bartleby is happy to let anyone try out the sword to discover if the same is true for it.)

Yes, I think Bartleby is actively using the shield, and benefitting from a +1 AC bonus. Have you taken this bonus into account?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=shield]
Yes, I think Bartleby is actively using the shield, and benefitting from a +1 AC bonus. Have you taken this bonus into account?

I hadn't, and I realize that maybe I can't: when the character was made, we were using play test stuff, before the PHB. Did we have a conversation about druids-wearing-metal? I don't remember. I do remember that his wisdom dropped because they shifted the wis bonus to hill dwarves, and the armour proficiency became redundant.

So he's still in scale mail (dwarven and druid proficiency, but against druid regs; ok because of dwarf?); and shield (druid proficiency only; and so must be non-metal?). If so, someone else can take the shield.

(And I notice that we're roughly a year of play time since we levelled to 2, though that includes several months trying to integrate a centipede into the party. Just saying'.) [/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
[sblock=shield]I hadn't, and I realize that maybe I can't: when the character was made, we were using play test stuff, before the PHB. Did we have a conversation about druids-wearing-metal? I don't remember. I do remember that his wisdom dropped because they shifted the wis bonus to hill dwarves, and the armour proficiency became redundant.

So he's still in scale mail (dwarven and druid proficiency, but against druid regs; ok because of dwarf?); and shield (druid proficiency only; and so must be non-metal?). If so, someone else can take the shield.

(And I notice that we're roughly a year of play time since we levelled to 2, though that includes several months trying to integrate a centipede into the party. Just saying'.) [/sblock]

[sblock=shield]It is up to you to decide if Bartleby as a druid would use metal shields and armors, or not. It's an ethical/spiritual issue and as such nobody can tell you what to do, not even a stupid line in the book. :)[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
Anyway... as Bartleby rushed in and out to grab the sword, covering his eyes to protect them from the acrid smoke, and perhaps coughing a bit, he seems to catch a glimpse of the shadow of someone or something peeking into the grim statue room from the outer corridor, but when he instinctively rubs his eyes and looks better, the shadow is gone...

So... do you want to rush quickly after it, follow it slowly but carefully, or continue your activities in this room? :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Lads! I saw something in there! I'm sure of it." He draws his weapon and advances cautiously, holding his shield high.

Li Shenron

Legend
Swift and Bartleby carefully go after the shadow...

OoC: both of you, make a Dex(Stealth) check and an Int(Investigation) check. We'll use these together as if they were single group checks with advantage, where the group is the two of you.

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, halfling rogue

[roll0]
[roll1]

Forgot to add Swift's Proficiency Bonus on the Stealth check! So that's +2, which makes it a 16.

Last edited:

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik stands with weapon at the ready, prepared to rush to his companions' defense.

[OOC: In the meantime, I may as well try a Perception check as well?

[roll0]

]

Li Shenron

Legend
Rejik stands with weapon at the ready, prepared to rush to his companions' defense.

[OOC: In the meantime, I may as well try a Perception check as well?

[roll0]

]

You turn around towards the entrance of the grim statue room, but alas you realize you weren't probably quick enough to see youself what the druid had. But as your two comrades walk past you and approach the doorway for investigation, you ready yourself for possible dangers.

[OoC: if it's ok, I am assuming that Swift & Bartleby leads the investigation by going carefully towards the door, and if it seems safe to do so, even a bit further]

Remove ads