Dungeons and dragons cartoon from 80s

fba827

Adventurer
People may already know this but didn’t notice it posted on a quick glance so figured I’d mention it

apparently WotC at twitch.tv/dnd

has been playing the d&d cartoon , all episodes in one long stream since yesterday
And repeating play (but also now it’s in the past play video section if you wanted to start from the beginning )

it’s bringing back memories ;-)
I didn’t realize one of the main writers is someone that I’ve followed on other shows because I like his work. So I learned something new mixed in with my nostalgia;-)

Edit: ok I see it in the news for the week thread of the main page which is why I didn’t see it here
Sorry for repeating information!

hopeless

Adventurer
Have the four dvd set released over here in the UK I recall a collected version released in the States that included a booklet regarding the cast's character, their weapons, etc.
They had an extra with an audio rendition of the last episode that was never done.
Well at least they noticed was wondering why they hadn't brought that series up given the interest in the new D&D movie!

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Michael Reeves (spelling?)
Batman animated. He also was a main writer for Gargoyles. And several other shows I liked a lot ….
Reaves worked on a bunch of geek culture stuff.

There was a fun early sci-fi novel called The Shattered World with a dungeon-like system of caves and a kung-fu-like cloakfighter who fought with a barbed cloak.

He wrote for Transformers, Ghostbusters, early Ninja Turtles, and many others I haven't seen. I was introduced to the Cthulhu Mythos by the Collect Call of Cathulhu Ghostbusters episode. Checking Wikipedia, apparently he was head writer for Batman: the Animated Series, Conan and the Young Warriors, Gargoyles, and Spider-Man Unlimited.

He finished up writing a few Star Wars novel series.

Apparently his daughter adapts manga.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I recall watching that cartoon at the ripe old age of 6 or 7 and wondering why nobody used their weapons well. Also, why it was called Advanced because there wasn't anything advanced about the show.

I wasn't playing D&D at the time, but it was inevitable that I eventually would.

R_J_K75

Legend
Are you referring to Paul Dini?
Could be. I saw it in a documentary about BTA a few years back. Whoever it was was fed up with the ridiculous rules from the government regarding what they could and couldnt show on a Saturday Morning Cartoon and pretty sure they worked on D&D at one point.

Remove ads