WotC Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Video Game Announcement Trailer

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening. Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature...

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening.

Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature four-player co-op as you take on the roles of Drizzt Do'Urden, Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor. The game is due for release in 2020.

darkalliance.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Hurin70

Adventurer
You had me until the guy that needs Cloraseptic started his impression of a howler monkey.

I knew that part would turn some people off. That's the only time in the song he does that though. Stick around for the rest; the lyrics are pretty cool (especially if you like Norse mythology). It is about Ragnarok.

oreofox

Explorer
I knew that part would turn some people off. That's the only time in the song he does that though. Stick around for the rest; the lyrics are pretty cool (especially if you like Norse mythology). It is about Ragnarok.

I'd listen to a lot more metal if there weren't so many lead "vocalists" that sound like Cookie Monster trying to eat the mic. The music part I quite enjoy. It's when that part inevitably shows up that I lose all interest. Unless I can find an instrumental version of it. Though, it is better than the high pitched screaming ala Cradle of Filth.

I can understand using metal in a DnD video game trailer, as so many people who play DnD (especially those who are the stereotypes) seem to enjoy metal. I had no problem with that choice of music, but the trailer itself... That's another story.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Oh god I hope not... Like Vermintide or Left for Dead with cheap graphics, bad cameras, and wtf, nothing like heavy metal to get you into the setting. Horrific. Games 20 years ago had better trailers and generated more excitement. Who the hell gets paid to make these bad decisions?

Wiseblood

Adventurer
WotC should run a contest to design a game. Our community has some tremendous skill and talent. I have begun to think that THEY are riding OUR coattails.

Wotc should create a freeware Game Creation System as LittleBigPlanet, Mario Maker or Dreams (by Media Molecule). And 3rdPP could sell their own modules or mods as in DM Guild. And a player could use these "pieces" with the quest/mission/adventures creator to create a new module, and streamers/youtubes would play these modules as a mixture of machinima and game-live show(as Critical Rol).

And other could sell "skins", really collection of pieces (hair, armor, costumes, clothing), for example Capcom could sell skins or avatars based in their characters (Street Fighters, Devil may cray, resident evil, darkstalkers).

But the format has to be retrocompatible with future editions.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
And 3rdPP could sell their own modules or mods as in DM Guild
Yeah, uh, noooooooo. You do not know the nightmare that goes down this path

Skyrim tried it. It ended poorly. VERY poorly. Check our Skyrim Paid Mod Controversy for how that went.

Y'know what they should do? Just look at NWN, look at the fact that's remain modded for years, and just do that again. Just give me a ridiculous toolset I can use powerfully.

Remove ads

Remove ads