D&D General Dungeons & Dragons immersive fantasy restaurant, amusement experience proposed for Lake Geneva

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I should be stated that one of the nation's largest Renaissance Festivals (Bristol) is near there too. And that pulls in an enormous amount of people each year, despite it being in the middle of nowhere.
I don't think Bristol counts as the middle of nowhere; it's close to a major highway, and just over the WI border from IL. It's a very reasonable drive from the heavily populated greater Chicago area.

Of course, by that token, Lake Geneva isn't that much farther...

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I feel like a D&D themed restaurant should address the mechanics as well.

Like when you show up, roll a d20. Nat20 and you get the best seat in the house. Roll a 1 and they sit you by the bathroom.

The menu can just be a series of random tables to roll on.
That can be your restaurant that nobody goes to. :p

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I feel like a D&D themed restaurant should address the mechanics as well.

Like when you show up, roll a d20. Nat20 and you get the best seat in the house. Roll a 1 and they sit you by the bathroom.

The menu can just be a series of random tables to roll on.
I seem to recall one of the restaurants in Indy during GenCon offering a cocktail or shot promotion that you rolled a d20 to see what you got. :)

Undrave

Legend
I agree, but I'm also thinking they want to be prepared for convention traffic. I'm not sure how much that will help them outside of that, however.
Is the convention centre there really busy? You don't need to have the restaurant be full on D&D all the time to please the business crowd. A good bar, good food AND the axe throwing lane will probably be enough to keep them busy and out of TGI Friday or what have you.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Is the convention centre there really busy? You don't need to have the restaurant be full on D&D all the time to please the business crowd. A good bar, good food AND the axe throwing lane will probably be enough to keep them busy and out of TGI Friday or what have you.
Are TGI Fridays still a thing?

Remove ads