WotC Dungeons & Dragons Online: Age of Alchemist. (New class!?)

The videogame D&D online presents in the update 45 a new class, based in the prestige class "Savant Alchemist" from "Magic of Eberron".

We know alchemist is only an artificer subclass, but now I am wondering about any possible connection with the new core class from the Pathfinder second edition. Maybe I am wrong, because in the MMO the favored soul is a class but in the 5th Ed it is only a sorcerer subclass.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Why would it connect to Pathfinder, they are completely different systems with different teams and companies behind them?

But sooner or later somebody will say he would like a D&D version of some Pathfinder class. Or at least published by a 3PP because they are open licence, for example the gunslinger,investigator and the witch by Mage Hand Press.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
But sooner or later somebody will say he would like a D&D version of some Pathfinder class. Or at least published by a 3PP because they are open licence, for example the gunslinger,investigator and the witch by Mage Hand Press.

But it already exists, it's a subclass for artificer.

I really wouldn't take D&D Online seriously as impacting what the rules designers start developing.

Yes, I have just said I may be wrong, but if we have got a open mind we should allow the idea of a future "brother" for the artificer class, for example a half-caster inspired in the Witcher. What subclasses for the alchemist? Easy, you can see the archetypes in the SRD of pathfinder.

Rikka66

Adventurer
Between the alchemist subclass, the masterclass codex alchemist, and I'm sure other third-party and homebrew options, I don't think they'll make an alchemist class.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Wasnt DDO based on 4e anyway?

The Alchemist Savant was a Paragon Path for arcane classes with the Alchemist feat (or the mark of making, cant remember).

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
ahhhh...then I really dont see how the implementation of a new class in the MMO version of a past edition could influence further releases in 5e, especially when we've just add the artificer.

Maybe we will one day have a rogue specialized in traps and bombs and another in medicine and alchemy.

GlassJaw

Hero
DDO has been out for almost a decade now. It started out based on 3ed but evolved into its own ruleset and pretty much operates independent of anything happening in the larger and current D&D landscape.

Graphic are dated but it's a great game though. I played for a LONG time. Some of the best co-op I've experienced in an MMO and tons of character customization.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases