D&D General Dungeons & Dragons survival sim video game coming

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
dungeons-and-dragons-survival-sim-video-game-gameloft-montreal.png

From Dicebreaker:
Dicebreaker said:
A new Dungeons & Dragons video game billed as a cooperative survival simulation is being developed by Gameloft Montreal, the studio best known for Disney Dreamlight Valley.

The Canadian studio announced their partnership with Wizards of the Coast on March 14th, saying that the as yet unnamed video game will be set in the Forgetten Realms universe (D&D boasts several disparate fantasy sandboxes where it has played over the years). Players will engage in cooperative interactions “built around an innovative hybrid of survival, life simulation and action RPG,” according to a press release.
So, create a town, populate it with NPCs and fight off enemies, it sounds like.

Honestly, that's what I liked doing the most in the Majesty CRPG/RTS, rather than the missions, so if this is anything like that, it sounds good to me. (Not sure this needs to be in the Forgotten Realms, though, which is a pretty darn settled world.)

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not sure this needs to be in the Forgotten Realms, though, which is a pretty darn settled world
Needs to be, no, but itnis about sales.

The Forgotten Realms is, however, a rela Points of Light setting: Thousands upon tens of thousands of square miles of wilderness interspersed with occasional civilization. This would fit pretty well in the Dalelands, the Dragon Coast, the Reach, or north of the Moonsea, say. Or really even the Silver Marches after their apocalyptic war thar tore the confederation to pieces.

dungeons-and-dragons-survival-sim-video-game-gameloft-montreal.png

From Dicebreaker:

So, create a town, populate it with NPCs and fight off enemies, it sounds like.

Honestly, that's what I liked doing the most in the Majesty CRPG/RTS, rather than the missions, so if this anything like that, it sounds good to me. (Not sure this needs to be in the Forgotten Realms, though, which is a pretty darn settled world.)
Majesty was awesome.

Yaarel

He Mage
If this is city building, I hope to see magical features, including floating structures, supertowers constructed by means of magic, teleportation circles, Fey Crossing, demiplanes, magnificent tree gardens, elemental scapes, and so on.

Yeah there is a lot of room in the Forgotten Realms for a Survival Adventure.

Like take a look at the Neverwinter Area.
map-0.01-Phandalin-Region.png

Neverwinter and Phandalin are the only occupied settlements in this entire area, with Leilon, Thundertree, and Conyberry having been abandoned. And it's 75 mile trek by road for travel between the two, even farther for anything else.
A lot of space is also blank and doesn't have anything apparently in them, and whatever you want in turn could be placed in that area.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If this is city building, I hope to see magical features, including floating structures, supertowers constructed by means of magic, teleportation circles, Fey Crossing, demiplanes, magnificent tree gardens, elemental scapes, and so on.
Provavly .ore like Valheim.

“The game, set in the mythical Forgotten Realms within the Dungeons & Dragons universe, will bring unique cooperative gameplay built around an innovative hybrid of survival, life simulation and action RPG. Players can expect an adventure where the rich lore of this legendary franchise meets real-time survival in a unique campaign of resilience, camaraderie, and danger at nearly every turn.”
(just posting the full blurb)

Remove ads