D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Teams Up With HarperCollins for Young Adult Novels and Graphic Novels

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

HarperCollins has announced a new line of Dungeons & Dragons middle grade books, which will include novels, illustrated chapter books, and graphic novels. HarperCollins announced that they have obtained the exclusive rights to publish Dungeons & Dragons middle grade content in partnership with Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast. The new publishing program will launch this fall with the release of Dungeon Academy: No Humans Allowed by Madeleine Roux and artist Tim Probert (pre-orders are live on Amazon now). This will be followed by a Dungeons & Dragons: HarperChapters book series scheduled for release in Winter 2022, followed by a graphic novel series by Molly Knox Ostertag and Xanthe Bouma with the first release planned for Fall 2022.

Welcome to Dungeon Academy, where hundreds of monsters & creatures study vigorously, prepping for the dark world that awaits beyond the dungeon walls. At the Academy, you excel by being the scariest. But young Zelli (who was adopted by Minotaurs as an infant) is the one thing monsters & creatures of the Forgotten Realms fear the most: she's a human! Disguised as an adolescent Minotaur, Zelli keeps to herself, does her work, and becomes "invisible" to everyone at Dungeon Academy. While in History of Horrible Humans class, Zelli learns of the great human adventurer, Allidora Steelstrike, who oddly resembles her. Could Zelli also be – a Steelstrike? Seeking answers to her true lineage, Zelli embarks on a dangerous adventure through a world that holds no place for her. But she won't be alone. A group of monstrous misfits including a vegan Owlbear; a cowardly Kobold; and a shapeshifting Mimic will join young Zelli on her quest for truth. But what they find will change the course of their lives, and who they are, forever.

1625689755364.png

It all looks very adorable, I'm sure any young reader should enjoy it!

Maybe this is a stupid comment but when I see that cover I am imagining a future cartoon serie in Netflix, Disney+ or another streaming service.

hopeless

Adventurer
Maybe this is a stupid comment but when I see that cover I am imagining a future cartoon serie in Netflix, Disney+ or another streaming service.
Not stupid at all, I doubt any of those could keep that kind of story straight without altering something to fit their purpose.

Yeah, these look fun, and i love that mimic already just based on the cover art. My nephew will probably still be a year or two too young when the first one comes out, but I'll keep them in the back of my mind a little later on...

Mixed feelings about this. This is a good sign for the long term return of novels besides RAS' novels, but I don't think FR is the right setting for kids, there is alot of adult content in it, torture, sex, prostitution, multilation, infantazied attempts, genocide, rape attempts, magical rape, incest attempts, etc..., its a great setting, but a trip by your kids FR wiki to find out more about the setting is going to put them into shock.

Its like setting a children's book in Westerios, you could call it Game of Musical Chairs.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Mixed feelings about this. This is a good sign for the long term return of novels besides RAS' novels, but I don't think FR is the right setting for kids, there is alot of adult content in it, torture, sex, prostitution, multilation, infantazied attempts, genocide, rape attempts, magical rape, incest attempts, etc..., its a great setting, but a trip by your kids FR wiki to find out more about the setting is going to put them into shock.

Its like setting a children's book in Westerios, you could call it Game of Musical Chairs.

I mean, WotC has made FR it's default setting for 5E, and are largely moving away from all the NSFW stuff.

This is also for wee little kids, I don't think many of the readers are going to have a hankering to check out the wiki.

Remove ads