D&D 5E Dungeonscape no more?

Well, let's see what people need.

GMs
1. A tool that let them plan and write the adventure. As a friend said, something like scrivener.
2. A tool for creating encounters, implemented in the "scrivener - style" app.
3. The ability to insert images and maps
4. A tablet app that will be able to "read" all the above. It shouldn't do a lot of fancy things. Just show the text, double tap to show images in fullscreen, maybe the ability to subtract hp from monsters. It should present the content, not edit it.
Arguably, you could do most of that with Google Drive, via Docs or Sheets.

1. The ability to buy and read the books in a tablet or a pc. It could be an app, instead of a pdf, if they are afraid of piracy. Actually, it doesn't really matter, because everything digital is going to be pirated. However, everyone should be able to buy an electronic version of the books because if they don't, it's possible that they will try to find another way.
Given the ability to take screenshots, an app would do less than nothing to stop piracy. That's time spent developing and writing an app for no real reason when a PDF is easily made in the process of creating the books.

While not D&D specific, you should check out Realm Works. (Full disclosure, I work for Lone Wolf - the company that created Realm Works and also Hero Lab.) But it's campaign neutral, and fits the bill for #1-3. We're planning a web app in the future, which would work for tablet users.

Realm Works is on my to-buy list when I have more spare cash. I get a lot of use out of Hero Labs, so LWD has piqued my interest. What I saw at GenCon looked good.

But I think @Morrus needs a review copy.

aramis erak

Legend
I refuse to install an app for the sole purpose of using a single forum.

Tapatalk is a standard interface for a variety of VBB forums, and not a few non-VBB forums. That said, I don't use it, because my tablet uses the standard interface just fine, except on one board, where they won't accept "Send me the desktop view"...

(Every single time I see the name of this thread I get this picture in my head:
Spider-man-no-more.jpg

Every. Single. Time.)

Remove ads