• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwimmermount OOC

Imperialus

Explorer
Sorry for the vanishment. Subbing has picked up, and we just had a lady leave on mat leave at my second job so I've been doing some crazy long days. Also, for some reason my subscription to this thread seems to have stopped working so that hasn't popped up in my inbox to remind me.

Binder Fred: I like your idea about how Vindar gained his Paladin status. It actually fits fairly well with the Dwimmermount lore.

Pieter and Bindar can stick around as hirelings/henchmen should you so desire. They would expect a half share of treasure each.

At any rate... Lief, your character looks good. The only thing I would change is that Correllon Larethian is not a God, and the only gods that exist are exclusively worshiped by Humans. The elves are athistic. They view the Gods as being imaginary creatures that the weak and short lived ephemerals turn to in order to explain the universe and tell them what is right and wrong. Elves have evolved beyond the need to pray to some (probably) imaginary sky thing.

Also, remember you have max HP for first level, so you should have a total of 5HP (1d6=6+1d4=4)/2 = 5

As for treasure... The party can give you gold should they so desire, but it won't provide you any XP boost. It won't cost them any XP either since the XP is literally awarded for getting the treasure out of the dungeon and back to civilization. Money earned without risk does not earn XP, otherwise every shopkeep would be like 8th level.

Hopefully this answers your questions. Now off to the IC thread :p

Imperialus

Explorer
When I was typing up the IC post of Marcus' manifesto this song came up on my playlist.

Seemed pretty appropriate so I thought I'd share.

[video=youtube;cU4GXgaCFTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU4GXgaCFTI[/video]

Leif

Adventurer
At any rate... Leif [spelling corrected], your character looks good. The only thing I would change is that Correllon Larethian is not a God, and the only gods that exist are exclusively worshiped by Humans. The elves are athistic. They view the Gods as being imaginary creatures that the weak and short lived ephemerals turn to in order to explain the universe and tell them what is right and wrong. Elves have evolved beyond the need to pray to some (probably) imaginary sky thing.

Also, remember you have max HP for first level, so you should have a total of 5HP (1d6=6+1d4=4)/2 = 5

As for treasure... The party can give you gold should they so desire, but it won't provide you any XP boost. It won't cost them any XP either since the XP is literally awarded for getting the treasure out of the dungeon and back to civilization. Money earned without risk does not earn XP, otherwise every shopkeep would be like 8th level.
Thanks for the max HP. I didn't see anything about that in char gen, and didn't want to assume.

How about if Correllon Larethian is an elven patriarch/ancestor/hero who is revered, not a god at all?

Link to Yrel:
Yrel's sheet

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Good to be back IC! (And with a soundtrack too :D)

Speaking of XP, did I miss the post were those numbers are listed? If it's because of the gear decision, it seems we won't be selling anything magical or taken from that last set of bookshelves.

By the way, the magical sword's original description seemed to imply it (or its scabbard? not clear) needed some work? Vindar would like to see that done during this time, if possible?

Imperialus

Explorer
As for character levels. Everyone would have earned 1576 XP on the first expedition. This is only counting monsters, challenge XP, and treasure that has obvious conversions into GP. It also awards the XP value for the magic items you have found (The Shortsword and the Saint's Fingerbone). If you sell them you get the GP value instead. It does not include stuff like the map or books because their value is highly variable depending on who you sell them to. Don't forget to calculate your XP bonus if you have a high prime requisite. 5% for 13-15 and 10% for 16-18.

Assuming you sell your other treasure (not the magical stuff or books) to the most easily accessible buyers then you would normally get 1768 each. However due to the relatively small number of PC's and in the interest of making sure everyone can handle the tougher stuff coming up I'm going to suggest that we set everyone to 2501 XP. This will be enough to get everyone but Vindar (who needs 2735 to level up) to 2nd level. Leif's new MU/Thief will have a second level of Thief while remaining a 1st level MU, and it should increase the survivability of the party considerably. One thing I've learned from this PbP is that while the lethality of 1st level AD&D works fine at the tabletop when a new PC involves like 10 minutes of downtime for the player it does not work so well in a PbP format where it takes so long to finish anything. I'm OK with Vindar still being first level, since he's still learning what exactly it means to be a Paladin. It shouldn't be a massively long jaunt back in to earn enough XP for him to hit second level though.

Now, I'm assuming that Gargrim reads the fencing manual at some point during the downtime. If that is the case, then after a week then he earns an additional 500XP.

Climent will also continue with the expedition if you guys are OK with that. He's handy for magical support and I find him useful as a "voice" that I can use to blather on with exposition and the like.

Leif

Adventurer
Never mind. You already told us, so I got it now. but can I set Yrel's XP to 2,502 so it will come out even? No biggie -- just kept the 0.5 like I did with his HP.

Last edited:

Remove ads