• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Tonester

First Post
Nice work, but I've noticed that your team is making the same mistake that many of the char sheet/generators are making.

Weapons should not be tied to ability mods. Only powers should have ability mods. Weapons are merely implements for powers - much the same way that Holy Symbols and Wands are.

The ability mod section from the weapons/implements should be removed. Furthermore, it is a little misleading to call the Weapon/Implement section a "Attacks Bonus" section since Attack Bonus actually means to-hit bonus in 4e. There are Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls, but it is sort of set up as both at the moment under just a heading of Attack in your character generator.

Suggestions?
1) Remove ability mods from Weapons/Implements
2) Reword the Attack Bonuses section to just Weapon/Implement Section.
3) Weapon/Implements should give bonuses Attack Rolls based on: Proficiency (for weapons), Class, Racial, Magic Enhancement, Feat, Item, Power, Untyped Bonus.
4) Weapon/Implements should give bonuses to Damage Rolls based on: Everything above except for Proficiency.
5) Powers should specify which Weapon/Implement they inherit from. In addition, I would suggest adding parsing for 1[W] or 2[W] as well. Powers is where you want to specify the Ability Mod - not Implements.

silentounce

First Post
Nice work, but I've noticed that your team is making the same mistake that many of the char sheet/generators are making.

Weapons should not be tied to ability mods. Only powers should have ability mods. Weapons are merely implements for powers - much the same way that Holy Symbols and Wands are.

The ability mod section from the weapons/implements should be removed. Furthermore, it is a little misleading to call the Weapon/Implement section a "Attacks Bonus" section since Attack Bonus actually means to-hit bonus in 4e. There are Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls, but it is sort of set up as both at the moment under just a heading of Attack in your character generator.

Suggestions?
1) Remove ability mods from Weapons/Implements
2) Reword the Attack Bonuses section to just Weapon/Implement Section.
3) Weapon/Implements should give bonuses Attack Rolls based on: Proficiency (for weapons), Class, Racial, Magic Enhancement, Feat, Item, Power, Untyped Bonus.
4) Weapon/Implements should give bonuses to Damage Rolls based on: Everything above except for Proficiency.
5) Powers should specify which Weapon/Implement they inherit from. In addition, I would suggest adding parsing for 1[W] or 2[W] as well. Powers is where you want to specify the Ability Mod - not Implements.

This is a very good point, especially considering that not all powers add ability modifier to damage. Wow, thanks for pointing that out, that explains things very clearly. Heh, WotC should hire you to write the books.

Sigs

First Post
Print Format

Thanks so much for this sheet. It's by far the best I've found anywhere.

One issue that I've run into when using this character sheet is the print layout/format is setup specifically for Europe's A4 standard. While I've been able to change the page setup to Legal (8.5 x 11") and then center things appropriately, the information doesn't fit on the sheet optimally.

I would like to suggest that for the next version or perhaps the version after that you release a version that's configured for the legal (us standard) page size as well as the european A4 standard. This way there would be a bit more page width available for ability and power descriptions, etc.

Again, many thanks for putting such a great sheet together. Character creation went from an hour to 25 minutes with this sheet!

Regards,

Sigs

GorTeX

First Post
Hmm. when I Change it to 8.5x11, Select 'Fit to 1 page x 1 page' and center horizontally and vertically, the info fits perfectly...

killjoy

First Post
Dragon Frenzy

Thanks for the sheet. It's incredibly helpful.

One thing I noticed. When you take the Dragon Frenzy feat, it doesn't display the "+2 damage when bloodied" text in the "Benefits when bloodied:" area of CharsheetI.

The Dragonborn racial bonus of "+1 to attack when bloodied" shows up in that area, but not the benefits of the Dragon Frenzy feat.

Thanks for all your work!

spullara

First Post
Love the character sheet!

Just reporting what I think is a bug. It appears that my 21st level Tiefling Warlock is not getting his Demigod bonuses when I apply them to his Charisma and Intelligence. I'm thinking it might be because those are his racial bonuses as well.

Sam

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads