• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

spullara

First Post
Here is the fix to the bug I found with Demigod

Cells BO90 - BO94 need to reference cells K50 and K52. If you make that change it fixes the bug I was seeing.

Sam

Stormhound

Explorer
Really a super sheet, and I always prefer autocalcing sheets to manual fill.

About the only things I find myself wishing are that

1. The colored backgrounds for the ability score in the favorite powers were colored outlines instead, and
  2. The light yellow editable areas on the sheets didn't print the yellow.

But I figure my Excel-fu is sufficient to unlock the sheet and tweak such things as needed. :cool: Which I'd need to do anyhow, to change the XP progression to the one I'm using. I look forward to using this one in my campaign...though it was a tough choice with all the options out there.

killjoy

First Post
Typo: Shield Push

The text for "Shield Push" feat in the character sheet says:

Shield Push: Push 1 square to target hit by opportunity attack

This is incorrect. Shield push actually is only usable in conjunction with an attack granted by the Fighter's Combat Challenge class feature. That attack is not an opportunity attack. It is a special Immediate Interrupt attack.

Thanks.

James McMurray

First Post
Can someone more knowledgable in these things please point me to where the underlying code for the sheet is? I'd like to add my own page to it, and will learn the code, but need a pointer to where to start poking around.

Thanks!

Amurayi

Explorer
First of: Thanks from us the creators of this little excel sheet for all your help. Withotu your posts and input we would never find all these tiny bugs. We appreciate even the smallest mention of spelling issues. So keep posting if you find issues.

You guys are awesome!

We are working on the release of 1.12 right now. Before we release it here are some answers to earlier posts:

> There are no longer item bonuses to ability scores. That column of boxes could be eliminated.

There are item like "gauntlets of ogre power" which give you an item bonus to str checks for instance.

Some requests to Excel heros out there:

- Is there a way to have fields change the format when you print out the page? We'd like to leave the fields yellow which can be editaed by the user, but would love to see them disapear on print outs.

- We have issues with the D&D logo. Whenever we open an close the file on different PCs and excel version the logo size seems to shrink or enlarge itself. Any idea how to prevent this?

Some ways to solve the bg color issues off the top of my head:
1. Use a background image. Pro: Doesn't print. Con: no conditional formatting.
2. Use conditional formatting with AND([someCell],[otherRules]), and change the value of somecell to false before printing. Pro: works. Con: Only if you remember to change it. :)

Any chance 1.12 will be able to handle more powers? Else I'm just going to have to start thinking about hacking it myself, which is a pain if you change anything between versions.

James McMurray

First Post
First of: Thanks from us the creators of this little excel sheet for all your help. Withotu your posts and input we would never find all these tiny bugs. We appreciate even the smallest mention of spelling issues. So keep posting if you find issues.

In that case:

Character Basics: "Addtional Language:" is missing an i.

On the feats page, both instances of "Solider of Fortune" have the d and i transposed.

Amurayi

Explorer
> Is it possible to add the "standard adventurers kit" to the equipment section.

Just write it into the equipment field directly on your char sheet.

> a magical item adds 1W to the total magic dmg done so for magic missle with a staff magical staff implement it would be 14+1d8.

No, see "Magic Weapon" p. 235. It adds 1d6 per enhancement.

>for further info.. the staff of the warmage is a level 3 item with +1
to both atk and dmg.

Only the "Staff of the warmage" adds +1d8 per on a crit.

>How do I set up the multi-weapon damage for exploits (i.e. Twin Strike and Jaws of the Wolf) as a Favorite Power? How do I set Nimble Strike for use with a Hand Axe? is it controlled by DEX (as per the exploit) or by STR (as per the weapon)?

Manually enter the correct damage in the appropriate fields.

> How do I include the AC & Reflex bonus granted by Two-Weapon Defense?

Enter a weapon in slot 1 and 2 of your equipment. You now get a shield bonus on your char sheet 1

> fsnaig
I will try to recreate your problem. SKill Traingin seems to work. Will get back to your with more infos.

>A laid out section on the rituals tab for that would be sweet

As English is not my native language: What exactly do you mean by "laid out"?

>Weapons should not be tied to ability mods.

We are not tying them to ability mods. We are determining the "Base Attack Bonus" as described on p. 26 and chapter 9 of the PHB. We additionally save the time to force a player to list an ability for every power even tough it's always based on teh same BAB. This is exactly how it works on the official charsheet in the PHB. Here you determine your BAB from the "attack workspace", which is exactly what we have here. It works as intended.

>Any chance 1.12 will be able to handle more powers?

Well not more than in the previous versions. We expanded the extra power sheet fo rnow. We are considering to make this extra sheet also a page where the info gets added automatically if you guys really want this?

Keep the comments coming. Next version will be out on the heroforge website soon!

Anna (Anywhere) & Matthias (Amurayi)

Amurayi

Explorer
Version 1.12 will be available on the heroforge website in a few hours....

Thanks to everyone using our sheet and reporting issues shere!

List of changes:

:area: Version 1.12: RELEASED 07-07-08
New features:
- Power cards in trading card size!
- Magic item cards in trading card size!
- Initiative card for your char!
- Custom tab - enter everything hot and fancy you find in new non-PHB sources

- More custom fields for homebrew rules
- Instead of writing 1d8+0 you can write 1d8
- Some fields disapear if you selcet certain options
- You can edit different bonuses of your damage like attack bonus
- Override field for languages
- you can select "no weapon" for your attacks to give you no proficiency
Design changes:
- The attack and damage fields are now more organized
- Damage is now split up
- The "Used" box disappears for at-will-powers
- The ability name colors itself according to at-Will/enc/daily power
- Made at-will powers field smaller and moved them closer to the other powers on page 2 of the sheet
- Removed "Temporary effects" on charsheet III to make space for more powers
Bug fixes:
- Minoor Spellling issuez
- Magic cloth armor gives your Dex or Int bonus as it should
- Eldritch Blast can be selected as half-elf power as well
- Nature not a class skill for rogues anymore
- Feats: "Warrior of the Wild" sets the right skills to trained
- Feats: "Weapon Focus Polearm" added
- Feats: "Dragon Frenzy" is indicated on benefits when bloodied
- Feats: "Shield Push" changed description
- Gods: "Avandra" appears on your charsheet if you select her
- 3rd Damage field shows correct value now
- Removed the zeros in the weapon 1 drown-down menu
- Misc bonus for fighters weapon talent appears in both basic attack boxes, not only first one
- Item bonus field for speed can now be edited
- Demigod ability bonuses fixed

:area: Version 1.13: TO BE RELEASED
New features:
- "Buff" page
- More custom fields for homebrew rules
- Artificer class from Dragon mag
- Updated Warforged race from Dragon mag
Design changes:
- At-Will/Enc/Daily Indicator moved to first spot in Favorite Powers
Bug fixes:
- Feats bonuses don't stack anymore
In planning:
- Auto populating weapon ranges and damage.
- New landscape sheet with bigger fonts and less data

:bmelee: NOT A BUG!
- Skill bonuses for humans and eladrin is already included in the amounts of skill you can choose
- Wizards DO NOT get an extra Utility power with expanded spellbook
- The sheet does not tell you what the power does. YOu have to know this yourself and buy a PHB

:bmelee: Known issues:
- Make sure you scroll up and down in the pop-up menus. You might miss an option you can pick!
- Only point-buy system avaiable
- Minor issues with Open Office
- The yellow fields indicate which fields you cen edit in the charsheet. However these fields will also print yellow on a color printer.
- The charcheets are optimized for DIN A4. If you use US letter make sure you select the "Fit to page" setting in you rprinting window

:bmelee: Things we like and probably won't change:
- Adding the full powers might be a step to far to get in trouble with the WotC legal department. We won't cross this line.
- All PHB Potions are listed in backpack. Just add the number of potions you have next to it. Sell price is per potion. Only because they are listed it doesn't mean you have them. :)
- No fields for ammunition is a good thing (Do you REALLY count your shot arrows?)
- No fields for character looks, background or traits. You visualize this in your head anyway. We consider doing an extra "fluff" page in the future though.
- Worshipping a specific god isn't recognized as a prerequisite for the Channel Divinity Feats. This way you can use the Override field for custom gods from other settings.
- Using a "staff" (opposed to a "quarterstaff") does not add a proficiency bonus to a Melee Basic attack power (used with Str). Use the Override field to circumvent this or pick "Quarterstaff" if you do Melee attacks with your staff implement.
- "Charsheet page 1": "Class powers" don't list the extra Daily powers Wizards aquire.
- No "Weight" fields. Ask your DM to stop being so anal if he burdens you to keep track of something like this.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads