• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Yarthok

First Post
Again, thanks for this great character sheet!

These are the changes I made for wiesbaden_charsheet_v1_17_Full.xls to work in OpenOffice 3.0.
The test character used was a level 30 elf archer ranger.
The last item in the code section below appears to be a bug for both excel & OOCalc.

Code:
'At Will' all of column E
From template =IF(Class=A2;C2;"") 
To   template =IF(Class=A2;C2;0)

'Encounter' Row 6 giving #REF (causing Encounter powers on 'Power' sheet to fail.)
cut row 7 columns F thru S and paste to row 6 same columns
cut row 7 columns W thru X and paste to row 6 same columns

'Daily' column F - zero needed rather than empty string
TO  : =IF(AND(Class=;=G$1);;0)

'Daily' column H - zero needed rather than empty string
TO:    =IF(AND(Class=;=I$1);;0)
also 'Daily' column J
also 'Daily' column L
also 'Daily' column N
also 'Daily' column P
also 'Daily' column R
also 'Daily' column T

'Utility' Column G - zero needed rather than empty string
From template =IF(AND(Class=;=H$1);;"")
To   template =IF(AND(Class=;=H$1);;0)
also 'Utility' Column I
also 'Utility' Column K
also 'Utility' Column M
also 'Utility' Column O
also 'Utility' Column Q

minor spelling
'Equipment'.AC30 compatibel ==> compatible
'Equipment'.AC32 compatibel ==> compatible

'Equipment'.AB7 - The armor check reduction for a feat should be a positive modifier instead of negative modifier.
FROM: =IF($32=FALSE();VLOOKUP(Armor_21;.$57:$63;3;FALSE());VLOOKUP(SMaterial;.$72:$120;4;FALSE()))+IF(OR(U9=TRUE();U8=TRUE());-1;0)
TO:   =IF($32=FALSE();VLOOKUP(Armor_21;.$57:$63;3;FALSE());VLOOKUP(SMaterial;.$72:$120;4;FALSE()))+IF(OR(U9=TRUE();U8=TRUE());1;0)

Laendra

First Post
Ok, I test a lot around and the conclusion is, that either the Initiative Card or the Short Sheet (or one other sheet) must be killed that the XPversion run in Excel2003 or fewer.

What sheet sould be killed in the XPversion? The Initiative Card or the Short Sheet?

greeting
Anywhere

Why not kill the sheets totally, and have one workbook be the "creation", and a seperate workbook become linked to the creation book and provide the charactersheets?

Yarthok

First Post
Why not kill the sheets totally, and have one workbook be the "creation", and a seperate workbook become linked to the creation book and provide the charactersheets?

[two cents]
Rather than maintaining two source bases (like now), or implementing a more complex solution to try to make old Excel versions and new Excel versions work on a single source base (as suggested above) , why not abandon Excel and use OpenOffice instead?

OpenOffice is FREE and anyone can download it. Works on windows, linux, and mac osx.

One version of the spreadsheet, rather than the two maintained now, means a lot less work.
One workbook is more convenient and less complex.
[/two cents]

The authors get to choose what is best and easiest for them. Whatever they choose, or, if they silently leave things the way they are, I am just grateful they have decided to share their hard work with us. The wiesbaden char sheet represents a considerable commitment of time and skill.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
[two cents]
Rather than maintaining two source bases (like now), or implementing a more complex solution to try to make old Excel versions and new Excel versions work on a single source base (as suggested above) , why not abandon Excel and use OpenOffice instead?

OpenOffice is FREE and anyone can download it. Works on windows, linux, and mac osx.

One version of the spreadsheet, rather than the two maintained now, means a lot less work.
One workbook is more convenient and less complex.
[/two cents]

The authors get to choose what is best and easiest for them. Whatever they choose, or, if they silently leave things the way they are, I am just grateful they have decided to share their hard work with us. The wiesbaden char sheet represents a considerable commitment of time and skill.

I would agree. I have Office XP and I use Open Office for this spreadsheet so I can use the latest version. It works fine and makes the file much much smaller.

Also I know this has been asked before. But any way to autopopulate the powers info you input over to the power cards perhaps?

elandy

First Post
I think I fixed the problem with the damage calculation for powers 6 to 12:

- On the Transport Attack sheet, in cell Q4, replace Q60 with Q6, Q67 (both) with Q13 and Q66 with Q12. Then copy this cell to cells S4, U4, W4, Y4, AA4 and AC4.

- Also on the Transpor Attack sheet, fix the R6 cell: change Attacks!#¡REF! (both) with Attacks!E97. Then copy this cell to cells T6, V6, X6, Z6, AB6 and AD6.

I think with this, and the fixes that posted xone01 (for the proper calculation of Eladrin Soldier feat to damaga, and of Dwarven Weapon Training and Eladirn Soldier to proficiencies) the Attacks tab works fine.

Hope this works for you too.

Edit: Can you add a "Combat Challenge" attack on the dropdown menu of the Choose Power cells of the Attacks tab? For those fighters with Potent Challenge feat or the like? That would be great.

Andy.-

PS: I didn't post all the command line changed, because I use a spanish verison of Office, and some commands change from the english version. I hope I've been clear with my explanation.

Last edited:

thebane

Explorer
New to the forum but very happy with what I am reading.

I am currently filling out the wiesbaden_charsheet_v1_17_Full Character sheet. Having one issue so far, when filling out the 'Base Attack Bonuses (Attack Workspace)' sheet, every time I use Long Bow I get an error [err: 511]... I have tested it out and I only seem to get it when choosing Short Bow or Long Bow. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am currently using Open Office, nothing else seems to be affected.

Thanks,

Steve Jung

Explorer
Hi,
This is a great sheet. I have a couple issues. I'm using the 1.16xp sheet on Excel 2003. My character is from Cormyr, but his +2 on saves vs fear isn't showing up in the Extra Bonuses sheet. Is there a way of inputing item powers (e.g. Veteran's armor) so they show up on the character sheet in the proper places? Thanks.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Hi,
This is a great sheet. I have a couple issues. I'm using the 1.16xp sheet on Excel 2003. My character is from Cormyr, but his +2 on saves vs fear isn't showing up in the Extra Bonuses sheet. Is there a way of inputing item powers (e.g. Veteran's armor) so they show up on the character sheet in the proper places? Thanks.

I would recommend downloading open office 3.0. but i know that on the extra bonuses sheet on 1.17 fear is listed and can be input there. And not sure what you mean by the Veterans Armor. I dont forsee them adding armors and items in the extra bonuses sheet like the old buff sheet. Just have to remember that one with an item card

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads