D&D General E. Gary Gygax auction Nov 2023

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I hope a lot of those items end up somewhere outside of personal collections. I was doubly interested to see the 3rd edition playtest document, both to see the early version of 3rd edition from 1999 as well as to see Gary's notes. It went for $2,750.00, well beyond the budget for my curiosity. :oops:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I hope a lot of those items end up somewhere outside of personal collections. I was doubly interested to see the 3rd edition playtest document, both to see the early version of 3rd edition from 1999 as well as to see Gary's notes. It went for $2,750.00, well beyond the budget for my curiosity. :oops:
Hinest to goodness hope that wither historians are buying these, or that the buyers digitize and share with historians.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
kramer-seinfeld.gif

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And now there's another auction going on!

This is a special, pre-Christmas, mini-auction with some incredibly cool items to tide you over until our main Christmas auction starting in December. This mini-auction include nearly 30 lots of the rarest and most sought after magazines, adventures, and accessories produced by TSR. These include Gary's author comp copies and comp copies he received as President of TSR, some items still in their original shrink wrap!

Among the special items are a complete run of Gary's personal comp copies of The Dragon, issues #1 through #12 and TSR adventure modules and accessories for Gamma World, D&D, and AD&D!

The very special items for the auction include an embossed Gygax TSR business card from 1980 and Gary's numbered comp copies of his Setne Inhotep novels.

The featured items include a TSR lizard logo button, a complete set of Dungeons & Dragons cartoon figures with their original box and Gary Gygax's own personal copy of the notorious, recalled, B3 Palace of the Silver Princess 1st print with the orange cover!

Remove ads