• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E-tools 1.2 patch

Chaz

First Post
OK thanks man. I had assumed it was like that. Didnt make sense to give the full download. But would have helped my missing CD problem haha

locustus

First Post
After a brief search i came up with following missing items after a fresh install with the patch:

Start Menu entries
Desktop Icon
entry in Add/Remove Programs
readme.txt
backup of the old files ;-)
portraits folder

Hervis

Explorer
Little Things

I have downloaded the new patch and am extreamly pleased.

God Job Monkeys.

I have noticed two things though.

First,

I was entering a new 4th level human fighter with a 13 int and the languages screen said that I had no points to buy bonus languages. I thought you got a number of bonus languages equal to you int bonus.

Second,

While entering a new 4th level human bard. On the skills screen I selected Use Magic Device. Hit max ranks and it put all of my unallocated skill points into this skill (about 35).

This is really minor stuff.

Again Great Job so far.

Hervis

BarakO

First Post
Re: Little Things

Hervis said:
While entering a new 4th level human bard. On the skills screen I selected Use Magic Device. Hit max ranks and it put all of my unallocated skill points into this skill (about 35).

Was the "Enforce Max" box checked when this happened?

Hervis

Explorer
Yes I think so. I had already used the max rank button on a another skill (perform to be exact) and it worked. 7 Ranks

Hervis

Re: Little Things

Hervis said:
First,

I was entering a new 4th level human fighter with a 13 int and the languages screen said that I had no points to buy bonus languages. I thought you got a number of bonus languages equal to you int bonus.

You do, but since the rules state that you can only get bonus languages at 1st level, that's the way it was implemented. :(

Mynex already knows about it; hopefully they'll fix it in the next patch. For now, if you want all your languages, you have to start at 1st level and level up, or use the work-around -- randomly generate using the generator, then switch to the editor, which allows you to select languages (don't know why this works and the other doesn't).

Hervis

Explorer
I found something else that was strange. While making a 1st level elven bard using the nonstandard point buy (32 points) it seemed to calculate the hit points incorrectly. I had a 12 con and it showed 5 hit points.

On the xp and advancement screen it showed the correct 7, but the main screen and the character sheet show 5.

Any tips?

Hervis

Hervis

Explorer
Regarding the Max Ranks Button on the Bard. It definitely had the max ranks box checked. When I make a new character, certain skills show 0 ranks and other have nothing in the ranks col. Any skill that has nothing in that column assigns all the remaining skill points to it if the max rank button is pressed.

Hervis

Hervis

Explorer
Olgar,

I tried switching screens and that didn't work. I even tried saving the character and exiting E-Tools altogether. It was still 5.

Hervis

Remove ads