• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E-TOOLS] Core upgradepack...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Ok, now that i've got everyones attention...

There's still some stuff missing from the Core Rules that should have been included. The idea is to collect everthing that's missing and make it into on big upgrade pack.

First thing that comes to mind are the Dragons, Eric and some other people have been trying to fix that, but are not done yet...

Second thing is the templated creatures, i'm not for including everything in every possible configuration, but we should include the basics (human vampire, elf vampire, etc.). What should we include? Maybe a good idea is to include a txt file that explains the inns and outs of making a templated creature...

Third thing, probably lots of small things, don't know what but if anyone finds anything please post it here...

Therigwin

First Post
Companions

Well, you asked :D

WARNING LONG POST (Since Fluids boards are down right now)
This is what I have found so far to be missing . . .

Companions (Animal Friends, Familiars, Fiendish Servants, Undead Servants, & Shadow for Shadow Dancer)

Companions –
Druids can only have one companion at a time and it can be of any HD… The actual rule is “You can have animal friends whose Hit Dice total no more than twice your caster level. You may dismiss animal friends to enable you to befriend new ones. For example, a 3rd-level druid could use the spell to win the friendship of an animal of 6 HD or less, and a 6th-level ranger could use it to win the friendship of an animal of 3 HD or less.”

Rangers should be able to gain animal companions starting at 4th level, since animal friendship is a 1st level Ranger spell as well. Right now they cannot.

Blackguards – No default mon or rac files selected as fiendish or undead companions. You need to create them first.

Ex-Paladin – No loss of mount. Mount is still available. From SRD Ex-Paladins: A paladin who ceases to be lawful good, who willfully commits an evil act, or who grossly violates the code of conduct loses all special abilities and spells, including the service of the paladin's mount. She also may not progress in levels as a paladin. She regains her abilities if she atones for her violations, as appropriate.
Shadowdancer – Companions do not show up at 3rd level and shadow mon and rac files are not marked as shadow companions.

Special Abilities not reflected on companion stat block for familiars, mounts, fiendish and shadow companions – ie Improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, etc

Suggestion – Instead of the companions being based off a mon file, have it based of a race file initially. Then, when a companion is added, create the default mon file based on the race, add a button to switch to the monster editor. This way the paladin can fully equip his mount with armor, etc. You could then name the it based on the name of the chr file like CharName_CompName.mon As it is, it looks like I may custom make some mon files in the time being with the purchased armor.

Suggestion 2- Building off of the first suggestion, if any character buys an animal, then have it create a mon file with a button linking it to the character. Then it would be nice if you could transfer goods between the character and the animal that was purchased.

Suggestion 3 – allow anyone to get any type of companion and as many as they want, but report rule violations on the DM tab.

Therigwin

First Post
Leadership Feat

Just a suggestion, not really needed, but follows the thought from the Companion Post

Leadership feat should have a cohort (companion) and followers.
It would be nice to have a leadership page added where an adjusted Leadership score could be tracked. Then based on that score, have the option to make the cohort and followers. This might be able to be done in the table part of the program, but it would be nice if it was part of the character file.

Therigwin

First Post
Incomplete Class Features

Blackguard –
Wrong description for “favored of the dark deities” and no way that I found to actually do the exchange of ex-paladin levels for blackguard levels.

Shadowdancer –
No companion tab on reaching level 3 to add a shadow companion.
Also, shadow race is not enable as a companion in the rac file or mon file. The shadow.mon file has the picture of the Shadow Mastiff instead of the shadow selected in the Bio.

[added]
Ex Paladin - Can still prepare spells. Maybe I am too picky :)

Last edited:

Therigwin

First Post
Special Armor and Weapons (Materials)

Armor –
Mithral Shirt, Elvin Chain, & Dwarven Plate are all listed as being “magical” so there is no way to make a +1 Elvin Chain shirt unless you make a custom item and mark it not as magical. (or directly modify the access database.)

Darkwood shield is again, marked as magical, when in fact it is not. Same as mithral items.

Adamantine Breastplate is listed as magical with a +2 enhancement bonus, therefore you are not able to make a +5 Adamantine Breastplate as describe in the DMG pg 242.
They also have it as light armor, when in fact it is still medium armor.
Now it looks like it may take a major change in the program. I modified my database to add a +2 enhancement in the “info Armor Bonuses” table. I then removed the +2 magical bonus and unchecked magic weapon. The problem is if you create a magical version using new item and select a +3, it makes it a +5 armor, instead of a +3.

Suggestion – Add a materials part to the weapon and armor section. Implement pg 242 of the DMG.
This is what would be nice. In the purchase screen click new. Then select Armor. Click OK. Then move the Bonus selection down. Above it put a Material Selection. Allow the person to select Normal (Does Nothing), Adamantine (Adds the appropriate Enhancement Bonus and Cost, but does not stack with the Bonus selection), Mithral (Decreases the weight category, decreases spell failure by 10%, increase max dex by 2, and decrease armor check by 3, decrease the weight by 1/2 , add the appropriate cost), Darkwood (decrease weight by 1/2 , add appropriate cost, reduce armor check penality by 2 for shields (also armor if using Master of the Wild). The only other thing would be to mark each material as either metal or non-metal and only list the appropriate material for the appropriate item.

OK I am done now. These are things I want fixed in a patch.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Hot d@mn! That's a big list and usefull to! One problem though, some of this stuff is probably hardcoded, some of it is doable from within the database, some i don't know. I'll take a look at it...

Lady Mer

First Post
A minor glitch in Paladin saving throws. For some reason e-Tools adds the paladin's Charisma modifier to his saving throws for every class the paladin has. (Makes a multiclassed Paladin all the more attractive indeed!)

Remove ads