• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E-TOOLS] Digging into the .dll files, some help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
We know that some things are hard coded into the program. Now we can get into .mdb without a hitch, now the important files that are left are the .dll and .exe files...

We have:
Core.dll [5,264KB]
Customize.dll [768KB]
eTools.dll [236KB]
odbc++.dll [300KB]
qt300.dll [3,496KB]
etools.exe [196KB]

Now i've found some tools to go digging into these (check www.heaventools.com), but i'm no expert in this field. Maybe someone who is could give some directions/help?

jmettraux

First Post
So which organization will support users with decompiled-modified-recompiled (or simply tweaked) versions of ET ?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
jmettraux said:
So which organization will support users with decompiled-modified-recompiled (or simply tweaked) versions of ET ?

Well, none i think...
But that's not what we're looking for now is it. If we can figure out how to do things the program currently cannot do, we can tell Fluid about it and hopefully they will implement it in a future patch or upgrade. If not, well then we're left without 'great' support...

But then again...
I just found the decompile button and was wondering "What would happen if i pressed that...", well my computer is still crunching away at the core.dll file. And i think i can do very little with the result, what i'm hoping for is that i can find a reference in the code to the loremaster (or one of the loremaster components from the database) and see if i can get that +1 casterlevel to work for other prestige classes...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
jmettraux said:
qt300.dll is probaly the QT windowing toolkit, what you're looking for should not be in it.

Thanks for the info! I think it's in the Core.dll

One piece of advice, don't try to decompile these kind of files on your old P3-450... *sound of mr.c moving to lb's dual p3-1000* Damn! I'm happy the kid is on vacation ;-)

jmettraux

First Post
One piece of advice, don't try to decompile these kind of files on your old P3-450...

I stick to my dgsh (currently implementing stat block parsing) ... Don't want to boot on windows to run eTools (Did someone try to run eTools on Linux through WINE or something like that ?)

smetzger

Explorer
I wonder if they would be willing to release the header files for the DLLs.

I don't plan on pokeing around the DLLs. It would probably be easier to write a completly new program that used the database as a back end. You would probably have to add some new tables and new fields in order to get something with more functionality. Probably best to put additional fields and tables in a completly new database and just write the program to use 2 databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads