• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael would rather not leave the arcanists alone nor risk Nars to danger. He concurs with the suggestion of most of the party moving forward, with the exception of the arcanists and one other to guard them in case they are attacked.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus wishes to be on the frong squad instead of staying behind to only possible get to fight defending the arcanists.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Very well then. Let us explore this entrance now" Ishmael waits for the others to be ready before approaching their destination. He keeps the lance with him if he is able to ride his warpony there. If the terrain is too rough, then he dismounts and carries a dart instead.

Erekose13

Explorer
Outside the Tomb: Surprise Round

Descending the slope on the northern side of the entrance, Rodimus, Nars, and Sir Ishmael approach the entrance to the tomb. From this vantage point they see the heavy stone doors are shut tight, half-man, half-jackal statues watching silently from either side. As Nars nears the entrance, Rodimus, ever watchful, sees movement in the trees to the south just as two arrows fly out towards the party.

Atop the ridge Percy, Gorefoot, and Nezrak all see the arrows fly out of the trees to the south as well. Neither arrow seems well aimed though as the both smack into the walls of the tomb. Loud yipping ensues as two gnolls in the trees attempt to raise an alarm.

[sblock]Suprise Round Initiative:
Gnolls - fired arrows (7,6 both miss)
(Nars) - failed spot check
Nezrak
Gorefoot
(Ishmael) - failed spot check
Percy
Rodimus

Edit: grammar and spelling
Edit 2: Updated map

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy gives Fondar a little hug. "We need no rear protection. Not with all of you in front. You go with them Gorefoot. Before you go though, come here, Rodimus. I think we'll see battle shortly and I don't want you getting dropped before you can show off your skills. Here," she touches him lightly on the forehead. "I will be with you."

OOC: Cast mage armor on Rodimus. +4 AC for 4 hours.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I was posting that last post at the same time as you, Erekose. I hope my mage armor spell holds, although, of course, Gorefoot will have stayed with the arcanists. Am I reading that map backwards? I thought we were hiding behind the rocks at the upper right of the map, and that the brown part was behind the doors. The doors are shut tight, but we are on both sides of them. Do the doors go underground?

IC: "oooo I should have had Fridly do a fly by first. Oh well, let's give those gnolls some purple fire!"

OOC2: Magic missile. Shall we make our own rolls? 2d4+2=10. Nice.

Spell tracking: (6/7/4 per day) (0/2/0 used)

Xael

First Post
"Well, there goes that surprise.", Nezrak says and starts sprinting towards the battle with his bow in hand. "No sense in waiting here!"

OOC: Unless there suddenly is a mass invasion of gnolls (more than 10), Nezrak will just move towards the combat and shoot at the gnolls with his bow (Attack +4, Damage 1d8+1). He tries to stay behind the meatshields. I'm not sure if I should roll for an attack or two yet, since I'm not sure how far Nezrak is.

OOC: Ok, I made 2 attack and damage rolls (Attacks 19 & 18, corresponding damages 7 & 2).

Surprise round: Shoot if possible. If not, move closer.

Later rouds: Move and Shoot.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Seeing the two canine archers, Rodimus starts running towards the other. As he gets next to the three, he uses it as a spring board to jump at the gnoll and grab it by the throat. He then proceeds to mangle it to death.

[sblock=OoC]Partial charge at the lower gnoll, high jump to reach it, then attempt a grapple. Jump total 23 (5ft off the ground). Touch attack 23, Grapple check 22, damage 4.
AC currently 18 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Wis) before situational modifiers.[/sblock]

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars starts as the two arrows ricochet off the tomb. "Hunh?" The voice of his old army captain ring through his head, "Too intent on the building Blackbeard. Pay attention!"

Once Nars recovers from his initial confusion, he moves into melee with the gnoll Rodimus has grappled as quickly as possible.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]Charge if he can, otherwise double move. It will depend on where Gorefoot is. Attack bonus (with charge): +9, damage 1d6+3+2d6 sneak attack. There are too many conditionals so I will let you roll if Nars gets an attack.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads