E6 SRD - community project

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
It's not in LIMBO... it's on HIATUS.

Real life is interfering a few months earlier than expected, so I'm 'officially' putting this project on hiatus so it's 'officially' not in limbo.

For anyone interested, I've gone ahead bundled all the files as ODTs (sorry, no RTFs) and attached them to this post, with the mysterious version number "0.1". The zip includes a README.txt with a brief overview of progress and remaining issues.

The same info in the bundle can be viewed online in the E6 Baseline SRD: INDEX, as well. The bundle is also available through that site.

I think most of the content work is close to done, at least on the material that's equally useful to everyone. The files covering Monsters and Magic Items-- the parts that probably vary most between campaigns-- are definitely still rough.

The biggest issue overall, imho, is the formatting. Many tables have size issues (especially among the Monsters), typically either being too wide, and/or having extraneous carriage returns that them too tall. Also, several files have font and line-spacing or paragraph issues, with the result that the appearance of the files is not uniform.

Apologies for not completing this or a reference site as quickly as I'd hoped.

Thanks to everyone for the interest, and especial thanks to those who have contributed time, editing, comments, and criticisms!

Attachments

• E6 Baseline SRD v0.1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 165

You can probably should remove this from the H-L spell list as well as the similar text in the G spell list since I don't think E6 contains and spells that are both baseline and lesser or baseline and greater. Whether you would then move the spell to H-L is a different editing question.
Lesser (Spell Name)
Any spell whose name begins with lesser is alphabetized in this chapter according to the second word of the spell name.

modus666

First Post
i see there havent been any updates posted recently, is this project still alive? this could single handedly revive my dragonmech game so its of great interest to me

edit: i visited the wiki and saw that the project is on haitus? PLEASE PLEASE say this is not a permanent state of affairs. a compiled e6 srd would be of GREAT use to me

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
[MENTION=9301]modus666[/MENTION] - Yeah, this project is on hiatus, as I've had interference from real life, as well as other game commitments. The (mostly finished, except for magic items) raw SRD is on the website, but poorly formatted; and I believe there's some development work over on GitP.

Fwiw, I personally am eager to see what the Pathfinder beginner box looks like, since it will cover levels 1-5, and may prove to be 'close enough' to e6. I also get the impression from rumblings a few months ago here that someone may be working on a published e6 rule set, though that's just a hunch.

Sorry this didn't get done, despite the high hopes.

Shades of Green

First Post
Theoretically and legally speaking, is it possible to use the E6 SRD done so far as a basis of either a free/fan or a commercial 3rd-party product? I might be interested in something in that direction.

Remove ads