E6: The Game Inside D&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aage

First Post
A question: How do you handle Tome of Battle in this system?

The reason for asking this is, while the sorcerer can take extra spell and extra slot to gain an ever-increasing number of options and can use these a lot of times, the martial adepts are stuck with their total number of manoeuvres known and readied, even at level 6 + 100... Which hardly seems fair to the poor sword sages :p

Ry

Explorer
Isn't there a feat like that anyway? I don't have Bo9S but yeah, that's exactly what I'd do.

Khuxan

First Post
rycanada said:
For the netbook of feats... what was the process of selection there?

I feel like whatever gets into a "core" E6 document needs to go through a real meatgrinder of "too weak" "too strong" screaming.

Each feat is reviewed by a committee of at least three people (of which I am an occasional participant). That said, I would certainly vet feats before I allowed them - just like I would from any source. Each feat does have a rating from 1 to 5 which (should, at least) show how powerful it is - but what is powerful and what is weak obviously varies from campaign to campaign.

wolfpunk

First Post
I am thinking a Thug fighter varient from Unearthed Arcana with the Sneak attack instead of fighter feats progression would be a great character. Sneak Attack, Full BAB, a couple extra skills points, and access to weapon specialization etc is pretty decent.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Alternate Negative Level Mechanic: Negative levels never become permanent. You get a new save to remove each one every day. You could have them for a long time, but you will (probably) eventually make your save.

Cheers, -- N

Emryys

Explorer
Included in the E6 pdf writeup would it be possible to list feats that are recommended, including source, maybe even show the Talent trees devised. Would this be against the OGL to list the names w/ source.

Edit: just noticed the OGC thread... ;)

Last edited:

Miar

First Post
On creating magic items

..Been lurking and finally decided to register and make a post. Anyway just as a note the Artificer from Eberron effective caster level for making items is +2 if the item does not duplicate a spell effect. Not sure how this would swing things for what was available but I thought it an interesting note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads