• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eat Your Hearts Out My Fellow Gamers, part III

Teflon Billy

Explorer
In the grand tradition (well, my grand tradition) of announcing the purchases that my hometown makes possible every so often, here's the latest...

I Went to The Comic Shop today and they are selling everything that Green Ronin is blowing out at basically pocket change prices.

So I picked up...

• Advanced Player's Manual
  • Advanced Gamemaster's Guide (which I see for the first time has "Guide" on the front and "Manual" on the spine. Wierd)
  • Eternal Rome
  • Trojan War
  • Testament
  • Book of the Righteous

...for a grand total of $12.00.

You heard me. 2 Bucks each.

Apparently the owner is aware of the five dollar sale, and has realized that those things are never going to move at anything close to cover price and wants them off the shelf.

I was more than happy to oblige :)

An Australian gaming store is either clearing out their gaming stocks, or they got a big discount from their distributor. Either way, I got quite a few books at very good prices.

Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk AUD$20 (approx USD$17)
Stormwrack AUD$11 (approx USD $9.50)
Heroes of Battle AUD$11 (approx USD $9.50)
Heroes of Horror AUD$11 (approx USD $9.50)

Unfortunately, I didn't quite put my order in early enough to get the 30 Years of Adventure coffee table book. That was selling for only AUD$5 (approx USD$4.30), marked down from the normal price of AUD$77!

Olaf the Stout

Voadam

Legend
Grumble, grumble, grumble. I hear Book of the Righteous is great. Enjoy.

At least I took advantage of the Highmoon Media Hanukkah sale and finished out my collection of Monkeygod pdf modules for $1 each. I already owned both Frost and Fur and From Stone to Steel and all the Testament support materials they offer so I couldn't take advantage of the amazing $2 sale they had on those pdfs.

Not sure if the sale is still going on but you can get the Testament module No Other Gods and the Targum ancient world Mythic Vistas support magazines for $2 each in pdf from the sale at rpgnow.com.

boerngrim

Explorer
My books got skunked!

Hi,
This is without a doubt the weirdest thing that has ever happened to any mail order I've ever had.
I ordered a pile of Green Ronin books from Paizo due to the big sale. When I picked up the package at the post office last Friday, it stank of skunk spray! It was so bad the post mistress had kept it out back on the loading dock in a plastic bag. I took it home and hoped and prayed that the odor was only on the outside. No such luck. the books inside reeked as well. It's a real bummer because half the books were intended for Christmas gifts.

Remove ads