[Eberron, 4e] drothgery's Keep on the Shadowfell

Bialaska

First Post
"If you don't know how to defend yourself, you should stick back to the city, lady. You're lucky they didn't kill you." Delia comments with a frown. "If you need some weapons to protect yourself until you can get back to Winterhaven, those kobolds had a lot of garbage that we didn't bother taking, maybe you can use some of it." As she says this, Delia points in the direction of the site where the Kobolds got slaughtered.

Zweischneid

First Post
As he walks up behind Delphina back to the road and his companions, Khoros waggles his head in a strange fashion, rolling wildly with his eyes at the Questions of Dalarian and Delia. Than tapping his fingers alternatingly to his wrists and his lips, those awkward geatures of the Half-orc might be an attempt to point out something.

"uh.. well.. I... I am sure the Lady Delphina is as shocked as we are to be ambushed by Kobolds in this .. uh.. fair valley. Might that we leave the Lady to recover from this ordeal until we've returned her home savely. Surley, Winterhaven must be warned of Kobolds infesting their borders."

Pointing two fingers at his eyes and than at Delphina as he nods towards his closest comrade-in-arms, Khoros again takes up clumsy gesturing each time Delphina is looking elsewhere.

[sblock=OOC]
Stealth (trained), Bluff (untrained), depending on whats needed to communicate with the others without being noticed by Delphina. (1d20+8=23, 1d20=7)
[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
Finding the lost Lady, the cleric ask her; "Are you hurt? You seems to have come out of this situation with everything intact. That is good."

drothgery

First Post
Finding the lost Lady, the cleric ask her; "Are you hurt? You seems to have come out of this situation with everything intact. That is good."

"I think I am unharmed." She says.

[sblock=Siranina]You don't see any injuries, and you notice that her wrists are not chafed from the rope.[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
"I see you chose not to fight back. A wise thing to do, they would probably had done away with you that much faster, had you done so." she says in a jolly voice. "I know I would probably have fought against them, but then I was always told I should keep my head cold in a dire situation." she goes on, while trying to gauge the lady's reaction to her words.

[sblock=ooc]
Not sure I need a bluff check for this, but here goes: 22, natural 20.
Insight: 21
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"I was too scared to do anything." She says. "I've never seen kobolds around here before."

[sblock=Siranina]
You get the feeling she's not being completely honest with you.
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
Khoros takes aside his old warforged partner, whispering to Titan and anyone else standing well out of earshot as Siranina talks to Delphina.
"There were no marks from the ropes on her wrists. Nor signs of any mistreatment. There is something wrong about this. A lone women out here, treated respectfully by Kobold captors? And we didn't hear no crys, for help or otherwise, before the Kobolds attacked us."

Turning back and sizing Delphina as she converses with Siranina, Khoros adds quitely.
"Best would be to keep an eye on her as we move to Winterhaven. There is much we do not know yet of this town and its people."

Straightening himself, the Half-orc than booms.
"Alright everybody.. time to pack our things and get moving. No sense in waiting here for more Kobolds to show. I want to have a taste or two of Winterhaven's strongest ale before night falls!"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Aye, enough talk, let us get the fair lady back to Winterhaven, and see if anyone there knows of other recent Kobold troubles. Where there's one, there's a hundred." Darren smiles as they prepare to move out.

drothgery

First Post
The rutted King's Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the southern foothills of the Icetop Mountains -- called the Cairngorm Peaks by locals. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades.

Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of faramland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.

Delphina parts company with you as soon as you are inside the village's walls.

Remove ads