• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron ~ Gloria e Flamae Solei ~ Calling Logicsfate

GreatLemur

Explorer
Pardon my absence, folks. That convention I mentioned--which turned out to be a sci-fi con, rather than a comics one--ended up keeping me overnight, due to transportation failures and general retardedness.

Anyway, here's my warforged concept.
Arvim, the Replacement

When Eimar Othantin, greatest Paladin of the modern Lodge of Glory, finally fell in combat with a nest of wererats, his faction decided that the only was to replace their sudden vacuum left by his great martial power would be to create his replacement themselves. A Church-made warforged could be guaranteed loyal to the cause of the Lodge, and could grow to fill Brother Eimar's role faster than any of the human prospects they saw available at the moment. And thus was Arvim, first of the Flameforged, born.

Arvim's construction was cosmetically different from other warforged, if functionally the same. Eimar Othantin's mithral armor was used in the construction of Arvim's outer shell, giving the new being the appearance of a man in silvery plate mail, rather than that of a traditional Cyre warforged. Personal development has lead the construct to have his own appearance modified further, adding a beatific human face, wrought in silver, underneath his helmet.

This alteration might be seen as vanity, but Arvim considers it a statement of his own fundamental differences from other warforged, and his acknowledgement of human primacy. He also strives to learn more about and live up to the memory of his predecessor, Brother Eimar, although he in no way considers himself to an heir to the paladin, or worthy of such an honor.

He has a strong--if naive and largely book-taught--sense of justice, and might be prone to criticize some of the Lodge's more extreme activities, but his inherent submission to his human, Flame-ordained masters prevents him from truly dissenting.
So gestalt classes, huh? That adds an interesting wrinkle. I'll have to doa lot of thinking about potential character builds. Nine gestalt levels is a whole lot of power to work with...

Since we seem to be getting plenty of ex-criminal background already, my "Lhulan Ceth, the Reformed" bit can probably be ruled out. But Lhulan the Scholar--probably skewed towards being more of a spellcaster and less of a Rogue than I thought--and that warforged concept are in the running. I'll try putting some numbers together and see where I end up.

Bobitron said:
I do like the idea of celestial blood. Maybe you could work it into the concept without using the full template? Maybe the 'breeding' didn't work out as well as planned, and he was turned over to the care of one of the Faithful. A bit of 'Hunchback of Notre Dame', but without the deformity ;)
God damn, I think I like the way you think. But I'd actually go further and throw in the deformity, too. :D

Ferrix

Explorer
Bobitron, I was thinking of taking the Crafts Magic Arms and Armor or the Craft Wondrous Items feat, and was wondering about XP.

Someone was playing a Kensai, and I looked at the amount of XP a 4th level Kensai could have spent to improve his weapon, which is 640xp. Is that a good rough estimate for figuring the maximum?

Bobitron

Explorer
GreatLemur said:
Since we seem to be getting plenty of ex-criminal background already, my "Lhulan Ceth, the Reformed" bit can probably be ruled out. But Lhulan the Scholar--probably skewed towards being more of a spellcaster and less of a Rogue than I thought--and that warforged concept are in the running. I'll try putting some numbers together and see where I end up.

Sounds great. Feel free to post ramblings here, I'll be happy to work through it with you.

Bobitron

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Bobitron, I was thinking of taking the Crafts Magic Arms and Armor or the Craft Wondrous Items feat, and was wondering about XP.

Someone was playing a Kensai, and I looked at the amount of XP a 4th level Kensai could have spent to improve his weapon, which is 640xp. Is that a good rough estimate for figuring the maximum?

I was thinking about this some more, and came up with a number.

Everyone has 37,000 XP, which is enough to hit 9th level plus 1000 extra. Either spend it on creation (or improvement, Mr. Kensai) or leave it as normal. If you want to spend more than 1000, feel free, just keep in mind you will be slightly behind the rest of the party.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Are you going with the standard 4 domains for the Silver Flame (Good, Law, Protection, Exorcism)? I only ask because the alignment domains have always been boring, and I don't even know where the Exorcism domain is from. Since there are so many of us, all with at least one level of Cleric, might it be possible that the different chapters of the Church the PCs came from teach a wider array of domains?

Verbatim

Explorer
Since there does seem to be alot of interest in the Church Inquisitor role, I can alter my history somewhat to that of a Consecrated Harrier. It really won't be that much of a change, but it will allow for a bit more diversity among the ranks.

Any thoughts?

Bobitron

Explorer
Domains: I think we should stick with the standard domains, unless you can come up with a good reason in your history to have something different.

Inquisitor/Harrier: As long as one party member is a 6th level Inquisitor, I don't mind a harrier or something else. Work it out between yourselves.

Bobitron

Explorer
LogicsFate said:
Would paladin be an exeptable substitue for those clerics class levels?
Nope. One level of Cleric. Since we are using gestalt, that's a pretty easy requirement to fill. Don't be concerned about the advanced classes, everyone will be able to fill the roles just fine. What are you considering right now?

Remove ads