• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Raider's of Xen'Drik

G

Guest 11456

Plate, Warforged Fighter 3 : Search -1, Spot -2, Listen -2; FF AC 18

Last Night:

Noticing the outstretched hand of the messenger, Plate's first thought is to chop off the hand at the wrist. She actually starts to reach for the great sword in the scabbard built into her back. The man's face turns white for a moment. But then she suppresses that urge and instead hands the man a gold coin. The man breaths a a very audible sigh of relief as he takes the coin and hands the scroll case over to the tall warforged.

His job complete, the man quickly leaves as Plate reads the scroll. Then she examines the necklace.

Morning:

Plate grabs her pack, dons the necklace and heads toward the tower mentioned in the scroll. Those along her path stare at her mostly because of her size. But the sight of the built-in scabbard is somewhat of a novelty, even for warforged.

At last she has arrived at the tower and begins her climb to the proper level, Once there she enters the museum. After passing though the different halls she is at last in the cafe. She joins the others, but prefers to stand. She folds her arms across her chest and waits for an explanation for the meeting.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
...after a moment he decided to speak up, although quietly and obviously loaded with sarcasm, "So it seems some of us know each other already..."
"Hmm, no not really." says the dark elf. "But at least one face is familiar to me. Who might you be cloaked one?" He smiles that golden smile of his at Rik.

Spying Plate walk in he swears and stands up. "By the Great Mother! Jherod!" he turns to the young man with the ruby pendant, who blanches and looks slightly panicky.

"Jherod, I will not be letting that talking anchor walk me decks! I told you, no warforged! Them brutes be more a liability than asset, 'specially at sea." He turns to face Plate. "...don't mean no offense. But you ain't got no heart. And you sink like a stone. One good storm and you'll be walking with the sahuagin to get back ter yer precious Brelan'."

"Err... Captain Fharod'den... that is... uh... about the warforged... was thinking... that is... more than one... more?" The boy stumbles along oviously greatly intimidated by the dark elf.

"What my young charge is so eloquently trying to communicate," says the red-haired woman. "is that House Deneith was contracted for the security of this venture. We possess no interest other than the protection of this lord and his expedition. Myself and a rather effective mercenary company were assigned. What's done is done and you'll have to deal with it." she eyes him fiercely before turning back to the boy. "Mil'lord."

"Uhh, thanks Mrs. d'Deneith. This will be covered later in the meeting Captain Fharod'den... but suffice to say, you will be dealing with no less than 12 warforged on your ships." He shrinks back at the captain's glare. "...err... for your own security..." he finishes lamely.

"I will hear you out, but this is not the end of this matter. Know that my cooperation will not come cheaply. We were partners and partners do not endanger one another or change deals without consultin'!" He throws himself back into his chair.

"What're you lookin' at?" he snarls at the people looking on from the rest of the cafe and museum. He slouches in his chair and makes no further comment.

G

Guest 11456

Plate, Warforged Fighter 3 : Search -1, Spot -2, Listen -2; FF AC 18

Plate calmly watches the dark elf as he states his opinion. Then he listens to the others speak. As the comments conclude and the dark elf slouches in his chair, the warforged turns and speaks in a raspy flat female voice.

"No offense taken!"

Last edited by a moderator:

tyrlaan

Explorer
Takis - Druid 2, Search +2, Spot +8, Listen +8, Flatfooted AC 17

Glancing at Takis, the black skinned elf says "Boo." and chuckles to himself. "Ever been on a ship o' the line, boy? Nah, 'course you haven't. If you'd been a sailor during the Last War, if you'd seen the things I had to fight and kill, you'd not think of me as an odd curiosity." He seems unpreturbed by your attention.
"A curiosity indeed, for I have never seen a being with a tone of flesh like yours, but I think you no more odd than any other in this room. Your assessment is accurate, however. I have not yet been on a ship, and my duties during the Last War held me to lands with a more wooded disposition."

Scotley

Hero
Mortachi Human Cleric search+1, listen/spot+2 FF ac 15

Mortachi is struck by the unusual situation of being one of the more normal people in a gathering. He enjoys his relative anonimity and simply tries to take in everything that is being said and just as importantly not said.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Late as he is X tries to enter and sitt down as quietly as possible. Beeing a warforge he is not succsessful making a lot of noise. "Sorry late I am"
Beeing embarrased he will not speak for a while and try to only look at Plate.

ooc: sorry about the delay I'm having some crazy days. I will edit this post to something more decent today in the afternoon. lokal time 11:00 +1 GT.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
As X enters and seats himself the dark elf looks up again. "Gah! 'Nother warforged..." grumbles the dark elf. He looks unpleased but refrains from speaking further.

"Well, why don't we start now?" says the youth. He points to each of you and consults a parchment with the seal of House Sivis on the back of it. "Right..."

"First, thank you all for coming on such short notice. Your names were given to us as people who might be interested in A) work, and B) a journey to Xen'Drik. That fact that you're all somewhat experienced at what you do also counts in your favor."

"I am Jherod Rhailand Halaster-Vlad'dam. This, he says indicating the red-haired woman behind him is my security consultant Marianna d'Deneith. Mr. Lon d'Lyrander and Ms. Yelena d'Vadalis are both here representing thier houses in this venture. In addition to representing the Vlad'dam family, I also represent Wynarn University. The University and Houses Vadalis and Lyrander are our primary investors."

He leans forward on the table. "My family has recently uncovered some information that may lead to a great archeological discovery on Xen'Drik." Jherod looks like he's going to piss his britches from excitement. "If our information is accurate, this may well be something for the history books." He pauses, reigning in his enthusiasm. "Before I can divulge any further details about our specific goal in this venture, you will need to agree to come along. But I assure you. It'll be well worth it."

"House Deneith is already providing for the security, but my father insisted that I contract... adventurers" he says the word as if it's distasteful. "...such as yourselves. 'Unforseen Dangers' he said, 'are commonplace on the dark continent.' Your purpose then, is trouble shooting and security assistance."

"In addition to the ability to pursue your own goals on your downtime," he says this glancing at Takis. "...you will recieve a full share of the expedition's earnings and findings. payable upon OUR RETURN to Sharn. Should we find anything that interests you on our journey, you will, of course, be presented with the opportunity to procure those items in exchange for a suitable portion of your earnings."

"I already have small team in place at an undisclosed location on Xen'Drick. They await us with our initial supply cache and should be setting up a base camp as we speak." He gestures to the dark elf. "This is Captain Fharod'den, of the Lunar Fury. He will be our guide across the treacherous waters. In addition to the Lunar Fury, House Lyrander has donated the use of Osprey and Wavedancer. These three ships should form our small fleet. All three are being retrofitted with some specific modifications that House Vadalis requested but should be ready to sail on with morning tide."

Rezzin: [SBLOCK] Both the Osprey and the Wavedancer are Soarwood Galleons. House Lyrander must be taking this venture quite seriously if they're willing to risk vessels such as those. [/SBLOCK]
Rik: [SBLOCK] Osprey is a massive Soarwood Galleon. You recently took a job stealing the ship's logs & manifests for one of your clients. [/SBLOCK]

"That's really all that I had prepared. I'm sure you have some questions. But if you are interested. Please sign these documents indicating that you agree to be bound to secrecy about what we do here. After the expedition has been concluded, you may say whatever you like." he looks specifically as Groswen when he says this. "As well, they ensure that you will recieve one share of the expedition's proceeds with the exception of any exotic animals that we recover. Those go, in thier entirety, to House Vadalis. For thier financial backing of this venture, my family, Wynarn University, and House Lyrander will recieve a triple-share each." He opens a wooden box and lays out the documentation on the tables. From a pocket, he produces a fountain pen and lays it beside the paperwork. He looks up expectantly.

"What was that 'bout there being twelve warforged walkin' my decks?" says Captain Fharod'den.

"House Deneith has contracted a mercenary group known as the Clockwork 10 to provide for the security of our venture while on Xen'Drik. Warforged do not eat, do not sleep, and do not get sick. They will make ideal guards."

The captain doesn't look happy, but he doesn't object any more than he already has. Those near him can hear him muttering under his breath about 'heartless anchors'.

Groswen: [SBLOCK] You remember reading a story shortly after the end of the Last War about the continuing skirmishes along the Breland/Karrnath battle lines that involved Breland contracting a warforged mercenary band known as the Clockwork 10. The rumors of thier descruction must have been simply that... rumors. [/SBLOCK]
Mortachi: [SBLOCK] You've heard of the Clockwork 10. They were a rather successful mercenary company following the end of the Last War. [/SBLOCK]
Plate: [SBLOCK] You've heard of the Clockwork 10. They are a mercenary company that operates out of the Mournland. You've heard it whispered that they work for the Lord of Blades. But from practical experience, they don't seem to follow his agenda since they are friendly and outgoing towards the living races. Likely, they simply undertook a few jobs for the Lord of Blades and the rumors followed them like flies to a dead formerly-living person. [/SBLOCK]
X: [SBLOCK] You've heard of the Clockwork 10. They are a mercenary company that operates out of the Mournland. You've heard it whispered that they work for the Lord of Blades. But from practical experience, they don't seem to follow his agenda since they are friendly and outgoing towards the living races. Likely, they simply undertook a few jobs for the Lord of Blades and the rumors followed them like flies to a dead formerly-living person. [/SBLOCK]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Rezzin wastes no time in grabbing a contract and signing his name across the bottom.

'My, my, my... the Fury, Osprey AND Wavedancer? Talk about bringing out the heavy artillery! Imagine... ME back on a Lyrander ship! Mom'd be so proud!'

He turns to face the representative from House Lyrander.

'But don't worry, Yelena... just cause I told the muckety-mucks from the House to go straight to Kyber, doesn't mean I bear any ill-will towards you. I'm sure we'll get along just fine... right-o? Heh heh heh...'

He grins at the rest of the group... the oddest bunch of men and women he's ever seen together in one place all with the same goal.

'Goin' to Xen'drik! Yeah! We're gonna have good times, folks! Good times!'

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Xarut, Elf Wizard 2, Search +5, Spot +5, Listen +5, Flatfooted AC 10

Xarut nods, and quickly examines the contract to make sure it's about what it was told to be, and then signs it. He will then wait for others to sign too, before posing any questions.

Scotley

Hero
Mortachi Human Cleric Search+1, Spot/Listen+2 FF AC 15

Wild tales he has heard and read dance in Mortachi's head, Xen'Drik, that could be just the sort of change I need to get my life moving again. He gives a silent prayer to the Keeper. He waits patiently and reaches for the pen when his turn comes, but it is a challenge to keep his hand from shaking with excitement as he signs. He looks over his companions and employers once more. An interesting company.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads