• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Raider's of Xen'Drik

Scotley

Hero
Mortachi Human Cleric Search+1, Spot/Listen+2 FF AC15

Mortachi takes a moment to finish his tea, savoring the exotic aroma. He nods to those remaining and wordlessly departs. He spends a little time exploring the exhibits and then makes his way to a shire of the Keeper to pray. Surely the non-disclosure agreement does not apply to Gods. He finally makes his way back to the inn in late afternoon and packs up his belongings. No use paying for another night in this rat hole. He carefully oils the metal of his armor and weapons in preparation for sea travel. He has no one to say goodbye to, so he makes his way to the docks arriving at pier 17b just before dusk. He wears the necklace that accompanied the letter promenently displayed and tries to find someone who can tell him where to stow his gear. Once that is done he plans to splurge on a nice dinner his last night in the city and just walk around seeing the sights one last time before returning to the dock comfortably before the appointed time.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
New Location: Docks at Dusk...

Unless anyone has anything special that they want to ask the meeting adjourns. Jherod & Marianna leave after paying for everyone's brunch & tea. Lon bids adieu to the others and makes his way down the tower as well.

OOC: Fudge, I did it again. <sigh> Okay, the dark skinned half-elf woman was Yelena d'Lyrander. The black haired man was Lon d'Valadis.
______

As he makes his way to the docks Mortachi spies Captain Fherod'den speaking with a dark-haired, dark complected woman dressed in the, what you'd guess to be, the normal blacks and grays of House Vlad'dam. She's flanked by two powerfully muscled hyena-headed humanoids in the same uniform and leather armor. They watch everyone intently; obviously they are her body guards. As well, there is a bronze-plated warforged talking with them as well. It looks as though its chassis has been reworked to include some large copper gears. The group is situated in front of the gangplank.

The black vessal docked to Pier 17-B is a long sleek two-masted ship. From the looks of things, the crew quarters have been expanded by two glass and wood "blisters" attached to the aft of the ship. As well, it looks as though a large deck has recently been added to the back of the ship, as if for loading something large there. Getting closer to the ship Mortachi notes that the mast looks to have been reinforced with some sort of metallic vine growing around it... and the entire hull looks to have been constructed of Darkwood! There are a couple crewmembers walking around the deck cleaning and checking cleats in final preperation of the vessal's impending voyage.

The Captain notices Mortachi and waves him over. "Decided to join up on this fool's venture eh?" He gestures to the bronze-plated warforged. "This is LT. He commands the Clockwork 10. And this," he says as he turns back to the exotic looking woman, "...is Lady Navanna Vlad'dam."

"A pleasure." she murmurs as she holds her hand out so that Mortachi may kiss her ring-bedecked fingers (the Captain rolls his eyes at this).

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Mortachi Human Cleric Search+1, Spot/Listen+2 FF AC15

Mortachi bends over the lady's hand and tries his best to make a good impression. He feels a little silly, but doesn't want to get off on the wrong. He does his best to be gracious and complentary. "I am honored to meet you lady Vlad'dam, and I thank you for this opportunity." He nods to the Warforged, "LT, I've heard great things about your company." Finally, he turns to the captain, "I must say this is the most impressive ship I have ever seen. How quickly will it be able to make the journey?"

Xael

First Post
Xarut, Elf Wizard 2, Search +5, Spot +5, Listen +5, Flatfooted AC 10

Xarut sits for a while, pondering the present circumstances. He gets up and Veran hops back to his shoulder as he rises. He leaves for a last look of the city, since he doubt's he'll be back for a while. Unfortunately for his purse, he manages to spot a book that has details about the ancient runes found in Xen'Drik, and spends almost all of his last money on it. After spending some time flipping through it, he heads for the Pier 17-B at dusk to get to know his future companions or accomplises as soon as possible.

OOC: Bying a Glyphbook. ECS page 121. Hopefully alright? And what's the name of the color you use at this part, since my text-edit menu doesn't work.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian 2, Search+1, Spot-1, Listen+5 - Flat-Footed: 14

After leaving the meeting I bid my friends a good evening and immediately set out for the exit from the city as I want to spend the night under the stars and get away from all these people. I am not looking forward to the confines of being on a boat not to mention this will be my first sea voyage and hopefully I will be able to keep my legs.

Erekose13

Explorer
Groswen heads quickly home after the meeting to grab her things. She lets Jherod's words filter through as she walks wondering what adventure this latest story will bring. She can't wait till her article gets front page of the Chronicle. Certainly this venture would warrant such status! When she gets to her residence she quickly gathers up her things. Paying for the rent for the rest of the month she let's her landlord know that she is going to be leaving Sharn and thanks him for the room.

While walking towards Cliffside she runs over things in her head, spending some time to seach the akashic record on the people and places that she had jotted down.

Lobo:[sblock] search akashic memory on:
Jherod Rhailand Halaster-Vlad'dam
Navanna & Alastair Vlad'dam
Yelena d'Vadalis
Marianna d'Deneith
Lon d'Lyrander
Captain Fharod'den & the Lunar Fury
Wynarn University & it's interests in Xendrik
Clockwork 10 [/sblock]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Scotley said:
Mortachi bends over the lady's hand and tries his best to make a good impression. He feels a little silly, but doesn't want to get off on the wrong. He does his best to be gracious and complentary. "I am honored to meet you lady Vlad'dam, and I thank you for this opportunity." He nods to the Warforged, "LT, I've heard great things about your company." Finally, he turns to the captain, "I must say this is the most impressive ship I have ever seen. How quickly will it be able to make the journey?"
She smiles at you and turns back to the captain. "Take care of my cousin Fharod'den. Don't you dare return to Sharn without him." She nods to two ferocious figures guarding her. and the trio makes thier way back up the docks to a waiting carridge.

"That one is dangerous." states LT as he watches Lady Navanna walk away. "Her spies are everywhere." he looks at the captain. "I will do my best to keep her cousin alive if you will do your best to make sure we all arrive in one piece. My research has turned up some rather unnerving signs of increasing Sahuagin activity in our projected sea lanes."

"Not much we can do about that." says Captain Fharod'den. "Besides, I've got an edge." He smiles. "Trust me."

. . .

Xarut purchases his Glyph Book without any problems. The proprieter tries to sell him some genuine magical maps to: a fountain of youth, a hidden pirate's horde, and the lost crown jewels of the elves but Xarut brushes him off for the liar that he is.

. . .

Hobbes makes his escape of the city and sleeps the night away under the open stars. Most people want to get into the city and most of the bandits are trying to steal from the rich houses inside the city so Hobbes is relatively safe.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
X, Barbarian, Search +0/Spot +2/Listen +0, Flatfooted AC 18

After the meeting and going alone X goes to the nearest oil shop get 4 bottles of cure light damage oils. Overpriced to 50 gp each. He goes after that to the Pier 17-B sitting down on some ropes waiting to dusk. He has his gear with him and uses most of the night to polish his longsword.

G

Guest 11456

Plate, Warforged Fighter 3 : Search -1, Spot -2, Listen -2; FF AC 18

After returning to the street level, Plate meanders through the streets of Sharn on her way to the docks...

As she arrives at pier 17b, she finds a place near the Fury and procedes to stand. If approached by anyone she will merely stand her ground, not moving as if she was turned off or something like that. When the sun starts to set signaling dusk, she will boards the Fury.

"Where are my quarters?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the sun begins to set... the folks on the Fury can see the shadowy shape of Rezzin Ka'Zari skip and whistling down the pier. His white hair has been pulled back and tied off with a red headband, and slung over his shoulder is a large crewman's pack. As he approaches, he passes a dark woman and two dog-headed bodyguards who are making their way to a waiting carriage. Rezzin bows low to her and only stands after she has gone past. When he does stand, the smirk on his face shows that he did it more for fun than for any true respect for the noblewoman. He waves behind him as they climb into the carriage, then he turns and bounds down the docks to the boat. He spots the Captain topdeck with the weird, pale religious man, the various warforged, and the wizard with the bird.

Rezzin bounds up the gangplank and heaves his sack up and over the rail onto the deck... where it lands with a clang (the spiked chain within making a muffled ringing noise). A leap of his own, and pretty soon the khoravar is on deck as well... grinning from ear to ear. His hand goes instinctually to the hilt of his rapier now that he's on the water, and he pulls the band from his head, releasing the full flock of wild hair.

'All righty Cap! Ya wanted me... now you got me! What would you like first? I know I was hired for all this... adventurer... crap... but I'm a sailor tried-and-true. So while the rest of these lubbers can stand around with their staves up their behinds... I want some real work to do. Whatcha need? Swabbing the deck? A hand up in the crow's? Coiling the rope? It looks like the Fury's been modified quite heavily, so I'll take on whatever you will give!'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads