Eberron-Red Hand of Doom!!!

ByteRynn

First Post
I have heavily modified this module to fit in Eberron. I am alomst finished running this module with my table-top group and would love to reuse all of the modification work I did here on the play-by-post.

Level: 4th (XP: 8,000)
Gear:
Normal 4th level
Crafting Gear: Pay craft costs and XP as normal. Artificers may use all of their current level craft pool and 25% of their total previous levels craft pool. You may only craft things that you could take 10 on with UMB and succede.
Alignment Any that you can resonably consider "heroic."
Stat Point-buy: 34 points
Races: Any Core/Eberron races
HP Max at first level, half, round-up each additional level (d4=3, d6=4, d8=5, d10=6, d12=7)
Classes: Any (some non-core classes will be limited to certain backgrounds/groups in order to preserve Eberronian flavor. If you wanna play it, ask about it.)
Feats/Skills: Core+All Eberron books+Expanded Psionic Handbook+Spell Compendium; Approval Only: Any other non-setting specific 3.5 WoTC book. I don't own any Races-Of books (other than Eberron), Environment books, or Elite Monster books (a-la Draconomicon), so getting those approved may be tricky. I have most other WoTC books.
House Rules: I don't have many House Rules. I do something very different with Resurrection and Raise Dead spells. This won't be an issue for a while though. I plan on putting up these rules in the rules forum when I get them typed up. I will let you know when they are up.

If you are interested in any Prestige Classes, tell me, as I like to know where PCs are going.

Valid Submissions: I want an interesting background that ends up with you joining with some other adventurers in Sharn, Your Stats, and your gear. I will close submissions 72 hours after I see four complete submissions. I will warn you at least 48 hours before submissions close.

I will not take the first four, I will take the best four. I am interested in a fairly balanced party, but I am more interested in an interesting party!

Finally, I don't mind if you have read The Red Hand of Doom, so long as you are able to leave that knowledge out of character. That said, I have changed much, so don't expect things to be like you thought they'd be.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
I would be interested. The two concepts I have in mind are Sheriff, a Warforged Fighter spec in the Quarterstaff and a dwarven warmage, who believes firmly in the motto "The best defense is a strong offense". I know the warmage would have to be approved, but those were the first two ideas that came to my mind.

ByteRynn

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
What about the base classes from ToB, PHBII, and the dragonfire adept?

ToB classes: All good. Crusaders should by holy warriors from one of the major religions. The other two classes should represent some kind of ancient martial traditions (Karrnath, Darguun, Valinor, etc.)

PHB2 Classes: All good. Knights are Knights, or else they are specially trained defensive soldiers (House Denieth). Beguilers can be House Phiarlan/Thuranni trained, Gnomish, some kind of Changeling training, or something equally suitable. Dragon Shamans can be related to strange Dragon Cults, Chamber Agents, or some other draconic themed organization. All alignment restrictions for this class are dropped. As for Duskblades, um, they probably should come form some kind of culture that values both arcane might and military tradition, such as Aundair, Aerenal, or Valinar.

Dragonfire Adept: I know this class in on-line, but the Invocations aren't, so right now I am thinking no. If you have an amazing reason to use it with an awesome back-story to support it, then I'll reconsider it and possibly go out and buy the book so I know what all to expect.

Also, alignments have been updated in first post.

Verbatim: Both concepts sound good, and Warmage is certainly okay. I's like Warmages to have a very formal magical/military style training, but Dwarves would vertainly fit with that sort of thing.

Kinem: Cool.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have a few ideas, most of them psionic. The first (my favorite) is a kalashtar monk from Adar who has spent years in mortal combat with the Inspired and has come to Khorvaire to broaden his skills and search for tools to use against the Inspired. He sought a group to travel for protection, enlightenment, and companionship. The second is a half-giant psychic warrior from Syrkarn, a seasoned mercenary who fled from Sarlona because of the strife of Riedra. Knowing Khorvaire to be a cosmopolitan place (relatively), he came to Sharn seeking his fortune and joined an adventuring company. The third idea is an elan lurker who is a refugee from Riedra. His repressed and rebellious Quori spirit led him to eschew the Path and flee Riedra by first claiming sanctuary in Adar, and then making his way to Khorvaire where (he hopes) he will be safe. He took in with a group of adventurers mostly out of a sense of self-preservation. He wishes to have allies in case the Inspired come looking for him.

ByteRynn

First Post
Allard, Airwalkrr, great ideas all.

Nothing says Eberron like an Extreme Explorer!

I really don't mind running psionic stuff, and all three of those submissions drip with Eberron's psionic flavor.

Verbatim

Explorer
ByteRynn said:
Verbatim: Both concepts sound good, and Warmage is certainly okay. I's like Warmages to have a very formal magical/military style training, but Dwarves would vertainly fit with that sort of thing.

I will focus on the dwarven warmage, as the image of cigar chomping, ale pounding, surly spell tosser is a digging itself in pretty strong.

Remove ads