• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EBERRON] the Extraordinaries, 'A Terror Awakened, the League Reborn'

Bobitron

Explorer
Karl Green said:
They are about halfway up the stairs, when Fury, outside notices something odd – the stone near the doorframe seems to almost shift and reform. Just as he notices this, the doorframe SLAMS down on him!

(occ Reflex save for Fury, if you make the save by at least 5 (not saying what it is) you can choose whether Fury is outside or inside after the door closers, otherwise I will be rolling randomly /occ)

Fury leaps out of the doorway.

ooc: Reflex save- Fury rolls 1d20+4, getting [11,4] = (15)

Initiative- Fury rolls 1d20, getting [19] = (19)

I would prefer to be inside, if possible.

Karl Green

First Post
Fury is the first to react to the slamming of the door and leaps inside with amazing grace for a construct of such size – the door still clips him as it slams shut1. His huge fist slams back into the door frame2

Taran’s clawed hand slashes at the appendage biting at him – and causing it to bleed a bit and shrieks – but the mouth still snaps at him with a mouth full of rows of serrated teeth!

Neville quickly snaps a shot off with his crossbow at the ‘mouth’ that is coming at him, the bolt stabbing deep into it and sparking wildly3. The limb convulses a bit, but keeping coming at him.

Liera also slashes at one of the ‘mouths’ with a clawed hand the form from her delicate hand, scoring a wound against the it, and causing it to hiss in pain, but it continues to try and bite her none the less…

For now, six mouth like tentacle limbs have formed out of the walls of the tower and start biting the League4 – Neville notices that there are more tentacle like limbs forming!

[occ] Surprise Round
19 – Fury
16 – Taran
13 – Neville
9 – Liera and Tower

1 Damage from the slamming door is 19, but halved to 9 (-2DR) for 7 points of damage.
2 Attack roll for Fury is 18 +7 =25 a hit. Damage is 2d6+4 = 4+2 +4 =10 of damage
3 Neville can attack and hits with his crossbow… next round he would be in melee but could step back (almost on top of Marcus) but if there are more then one ‘limb’ thing on him… well.
4 Tower attack rolls – vs. Bale 27 hit, Neville 11 miss, Marcus 12 miss (even flat-footed), Liera 29 hit, Azreal 12 miss, and Fury 14 miss (d’oh lots of two and threes this round!). Bale takes 10 points of damage, Liera takes 10 points of damage!

Conditions –
Fury has taken 7 points of damage
Bale has taken 10 points of damage
Liera has taken 10 points of damage
The tower has take 35 points of damage (if it has no DR ;))

Actions for next round? I have Marcus, but no Azreal roll yet, but here is the Initiative Order for Round 1
19 – Fury
16 – Taran
13 – Neville
12 – Marcus (after his turn everyone gets a +1 to attack rolls from the Bless)
9 – Liera and Tower
/occ)

Bobitron

Explorer
Fury leaps back from the door, then rushes into the door, leading with his shoulder.

ooc: I'm not sure if I can do this, as it would mean moving back then charging. Charge the door, +7/8d6+4 damage. If that won't work, attack using flurry of blows (+4/+4, 2D6+4 dam, x2 crit, +1d10 damage on crit).

Karl Green

First Post
Bobitron said:
ooc: I'm not sure if I can do this, as it would mean moving back then charging.

(occ you would need to spend this round moving back to be able to charge next round... charge is a full round action and you are right next to the door this round /occ)

taitzu52 said:
(OOC- Am I condsidered in melee for purposes of AOO? If so, is there anywhere I can 5ft. step to?)

(occ when the 'tower' reacts, it will have to 'limbs' flanking you but not until its turn so you can step back 5ft and fire the crossbow this turn, or move further to try and get out of the range of them /occ)

Prof Yeti

First Post
Taran Varnodel d'Phiarlan - Half Dragon Ranger/ Sorcerer

"By Kyber, what are these things?" exclaim's Taran even as he whirls into motion. As quick as a clawfoot he slips his bow into his haversack, and begins the opening gestures and words of a spell.

OOC - AC 18 (22 w/Shield)/ HP 34 of 34
Move Action to Sheath Weapon (Bow) then as a Standard Action Cast Defensively - Shield against DC 16 Cast Defensively - Shield (1d20+9=22)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads