• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] What Lurks Below (IC)

P0L

Explorer
The halfling catches his bag and heads to the door

-Yahoooooo! Thanks boss! This is more than enough...
-Dinner and drinks at the tavern, my treat!! Come on guys, we deserve it...

He signals to the rest of the party to follow him to... well.. to party!...

taitzu52

First Post
Jeth'bar smiles as he follows the halfling to the public house. Well, at least they're a generous sort, he thinks. With his newfound earnings, Warden enters the building, wondering how long he and his companions will be able to hold on to their newfound wealth.

PlotMonster

First Post
Gedward quickly slips his coin away and returns a warm smile. He walks confidently over to Nicoli, while thumbing his holy symbol.

"Nicoli, thank you for helping us. I was wondering if we might chat for a short bit before I head over to the public house."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dormon nods and half-smiles, "Thank you, Jannis. See you tomorrow -- good night." He turns and follows his halfling friend through the door, "You know you don't have to pay for us -- we got paid too."

taitzu52

First Post
Jeth'bar comes up alongside Dormon. "They say it is bad luck to refuse a gift. Let's just say that we'll get his sometime down the road." he says, "And besides, it'll give him incentive to help keep us all alive a bit longer." The ranger winks at them both and walks into the house.

P0L

Explorer
Kort, Halfling Bbn1/Ftr1

- ..And they were gaining on me.. kept dodging my swings *hic* Then my friends got them from the side, with bolt and sword... It was amazing!!..

The halfling spills ale on the floor as he stumbles, enacting his swordfight while standing on the table. He is trying to impress the small girl... a halfling? gnome?... short girl?? he doesnt know, too many drinks, too much exitement for a day...

Where were his friends?, he looks around the dining room, he had ordered the best dinner and plenty of drinks, totally worth the several gold coins he spent of his reward.. but now Kort is feeling a little dizzy.

OOC: His untrained stroytelling is at -1, as is his diplomacy for trying to put a move on any girl..

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dormon smiles at his human acquaintance as he enters the Windshire House, "Well, I suppose so. Is that a human saying from where you're from?" He pushes the door open after Jeth'bar to see the Halfling just warming up -- although the drink is clearly affecting him. Now he winks at Jeth and turns to some of the crowd:

T'was a night portending battle's blaze
With falling rain as strong winds blow
In a field of spuds and maize
We were ambushed from below,
They came upon us like animals.
And Kort here drew his weapon:
"Make sure you have a handle,
and for survival remember a loved one."
We unsheathed our swords and our bows
And met our enemies with feroc'ty
We hit them high and we hit them low,
They dropped one by one, you see.

I drew my whip and took their blade,
They went running into the Shade.

Perform (Sing) +10

The Baron

First Post
The Windshire house appears from the outside to be an large, fortified gatehouse. Outside is a small stable, where the wizard drops off a few coins to a young lad to handle his horse.

The dark, rainy exterior immediately gives way to a warm gathering room as you enter the inn. A long bar runs across one wall and a few circular tables dot the rest of the open space. A few servents, mostly female, sit at one end. Near a large fireplace is a small raised rock platform, most likely for performances. As you enter, a large, chisled human greets you in a booming voice.

"Welcome to da Windshire House. Keep yer weapons sheathed and, ya magic-users, don't try nothin' funny."

The tables are sparsely occupied. One smaller table near the far wall holds a human female in fine looking armor, longsword sheathed at side. another human in explorer's garb sits across from him. They speak in hushed tones and eye the shifter intently before returning to their conversation.

Another table holds a few peasants - mostly humans, but an elf and half-elf are also present. They appear to be playing some sort of dice game - it's hard to tell if it's a drinking game or if they're gambling, given the amount of ale they are consuming.

Behind the bar is a middle-aged male human who smiles brightly as the group enters - though his grin does waver for a moment when he sees the shifter enter.

"Hey there. Welcome to Windshire. Looks like ya need a room and a place to dry off. We can get ya both."

The halfling and the shifter take seats at the bar, the halfling focusing on drinking, while the shifter nibbles at her meal. Dormon takes his place on the performance platform almost immediately after entering, not even bothering to ask for permission. However, his voice immediately captivates the entire audience, and the bartender's slight frown changes into a content grin. After the performance there is a moment of hush followed by loud rowdy cheers from the gambling table and loud applause from the quiet table in the back. The female human stands up walks over and places a few gold coins on the stage.

"We haven't heard a voice this fine in months. We'd be honored to hear more, I'm sure. And I've never heard that song before..."

She trails off as she searches the gnomes eye's for intent and honesty.

Kort gets increasingly drunk, and starts yelling his exploits down the bar to the group of females. One of the halfling servants gives him a quickly glance and smile - maybe - or maybe she's just giggling with her friends about the barbarian down the bar.

Meanwhile, back at the temple...

Nicoli sits down with Gedward.

"Yes, I could feel the presence of the Host around you. What may I help you with, brother?"

ooc:
Dormon: perform - 19(roll) + 10(mod) = 29 (memorable performance - 4 gp)

Krug

Newshound
Tykri snarls at those who whisper about her. "Superstitious fools..." she says. She looks around for prey that she might pickpocket, someone she could bump into for a quick snatch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads