Ebook Support

Anyone thinks that D&Dn needs ebook (pdfs, kindle, ibooks) support? The cancel of pdfs from wotc was, to me, the worst decision they cold had make, it didn't stop piracy (it very easy to find all 4e books online) and they lost some customers like me, I read almost everything in my ipad nowadays and we aways play RPG with computers/tablets at tables. To me go back to dead trees books would be a big step back.

DonTadow

First Post
Anyone thinks that D&Dn needs ebook (pdfs, kindle, ibooks) support? The cancel of pdfs from wotc was, to me, the worst decision they cold had make, it didn't stop piracy (it very easy to find all 4e books online) and they lost some customers like me, I read almost everything in my ipad nowadays and we aways play RPG with computers/tablets at tables. To me go back to dead trees books would be a big step back.
HOpefully they will have their own system, something like what apple just revealed at the trade store. I just don'[t want pdfs, i want an electronic system.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
The iBook author looks fantastic for developing adventures. Maps, pictures and links to the compendium if you have access can all be inserted as widgets. I will use it even if WotC won't.

Traken

First Post
The only "piracy prevention" provided by not selling electronic copies is a slightly longer delay to the pirated materials being available. In some industries, this can be a major boon as people want their entertainment now.

In the RPG industry, this doesn't really matter too much. You don't create characters, or even level up, every session. Quite simply, the pirates can wait for the material to become available. Which it will always become available.

So give us an option to give you money for your product in a form that is convenient! It's not like it takes much extra effort since everything is done digitally nowadays.

Edit: Here's an extra idea.

If D&DN is going to be this modular beast we are all clamoring for, give us a modular PDF system. The DM can go in and select the rules their game will be using. The program will then generate a PDF of the exact rules you will be using and nothing else. Distribute these rules to the players so everyone is on the same page. Hell, print them out if you want to.

Last edited:

Remove ads