EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

"Are you all right?" Tina asks the woman, as she wipes the blood from her blade on what passes for clothes on the kobold at her feet. "Are there more kobolds in the city?"

TallIan

Explorer
"Well, I guess that explains the building catching fire without a dragon." William says. "We'd best get out of the streets, if there are more some place more defensible would be better, the keep maybe?"

"Well, let's see this obviously stunned woman and the ones she was attempting to defend to safety before heading to what is probably a besieged keep." Tina says.

TallIan

Explorer
"I doubt they have managed to completely close off the keep yet. I suspect that getting this family, and anyone we come across, into the keep to be the best chance anyone has. It might be safer to flee now, but then they will be scattered and left with nothing. Heading to the keep may be riskier now, but will get everyone together behind solid walls with resources to fight back." after a brief pause he adds, "Unless we find a better rally point first."

EarlyBird

Explorer
The woman does appear stunned by the arrival of help during all the chaos. She breathes heavily from the exertion of fleeing and then comforting the kobolds. After catching a bit of her breath she gives the two strangers a worried look. At the mention of the keep her eyes widen a bit.

miss.jpg"Yes, the keep." she begins then gulps down more air. "We saw it, *pant* still open and people fleeing into it." She turns to the man holding the three children. "We need to hurry."

TallIan

Explorer
"The keep will give us the most complete picture of what's going. On our way there we can collect whatever information we can to pass on to the local lord, who will also be the best person to talk to in regards to how we can best help." William says to Tina as the woman they rescued catches her breath enough to speak.

Once she managed to get a few words out he introduced himself then added, "Take a moment to catch your breath. We'll make better time that way. You know the safest way to the keep? Lead on when you are ready, I'll stay right next to you in case of trouble."

While he waits for the woman to catch her breath, he takes a quick look over the kobold's bodies for anything useful.

OOC: Unless they are clutching purses in their hands, I am not looking for treasure, just a quick glance over for any kind of uniform or marking (tabard, brooch, tatoo or whatever) to suggest who they are or work for; or any rank insignia. If they have a crossbow, he'll grab one (and ammo); or a javelin; ready for the next fight.

"Yes, take your time to catch your breath. You won't be able to protect yourself if you are out of breath." She also searches the body. She realizes William seems to be less thorough or perhaps less desperate than her and is a bit embarrassed that she is searching kobolds for coin.
OOC: She will also grab a dagger of decent quality if she finds one.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Gutter approaches the bodies and looks to his arrows, seeing what he can save. He helps Tina remove three small pouches from the bodies that he let's her quickly pocket for later. The weapons are crude and near useless to anyone save those in desperate need.

OOC: Looting:
[roll0] copper
[roll1] silver
3 spiked clubs
2 spears
1 short sword and small shield
should you want any of this just let me know

miss.jpg "Thank you, William. Tina." the woman says as introductions are made. "My name is Kalina, and this is my husband Gregory." She ruffles the hair of one of the children and continues. "I'll stay with my family if you two wish to lead the way. The bowman should take up the rear."

The roar of the dragon erupts through the short calm, although it is nowhere to be seen it still reminds everyone that they should soon seek shelter.

"Sounds good to me," Gutter grunts breaking off an arrowhead and putting it in his pocket, to be refitted later.

OOC: Marching order?
Tina & William
Family (Parents flanking children)
Gutter

"Let's make haste," Tina says. "That dragon could be upon us faster than we might react."

OOC: order is good for me. No taking any loot besides the coins.

Remove ads