EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: (Second Hand)History of the Realms: Stories come out of the east of powerful wizards and priests who worshiped evil dragons. They were thralls of these monsters working for them, worshiping them, and in some cases killing for them. It is said a small sect of these evil men were known as the Cult of the Dragon and they would go so far as to help their draconic masters reach lichdom. But as with most stories in the Realms they were stopped by a group of heroic individuals before they could unleash such horrors on the world.

"In my experience, crazy townfolk can do more damage than a dragon. Perhaps we should go help out the town guard." Tina says, encouraging herself, mostly.

TallIan

Explorer
"That's true." William replied to Tina, "I've found they are also easier to stop though, in this case there seems to be both. I doubt we can do much against the dragon, but we could at least help get people hidden in basements until the dragon leaves and then help deal with the aftermath."

William turns to watch the dragon, hoping to find an opportunity to get to the cover afforded by the buildings.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"If we start down now we could reach town by the time the sun has finally set." Gutter says as he to watches the wheeling dragon as it flies over the city. Occasionally it dives down and brushes the rooftops of a few building before once more taking to the safety of the skies.

"Famer Hammar and the elf should be safe here if they are staying."

OOC: Is your character staying [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] ?

"Okay, if we hurry we might be able to get back here before it gets really dark, assuming it'll be safe in a few hours. Who knows with dragon?"

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Not I," Gutter says testing his bow string. "But there are people down there looking like they need help."

With that the grizzily old ranger makes for the tall grass beside the road you were traveling on and moves quietly towards the town.

Reaching town just as a quarter of the sun still peeks over the horizon was simple. The dragon seemed occupied on the far side of Greenest and with the keep in the center of town, never venturing out beyond into the outskirts. You saw people fleeing from town in small groups, but whenever you tried to approach anyone they fled in horror as if the dragon were right behind you.

The first buildings you come to are dark and quiet, the ones on fire just a few hundred yards to the north.

Without warning, five humans dash out from between two buildings on your left. A limping man and three young children race across the street into more shadows, and a woman carrying a round shield and a broken spear turns and faces back in the direction from which they came.

Six kobolds stream out of the alley on the family’s heels and fan out around the woman, who looks determined to delay the creatures for as long as possible.

OOC: Alright everyone we are going to take this slow at first. Till we get use to everything.
First up: Surprise
Group surprised on a 1: [roll0]
Kobolds surprised on a 1-2: [roll1]
Next is Distance: [roll2] +4 = 10"

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Now everyone will need to tell me what they wish to do before we roll INIT.
Make your rolls and I'll narrate what happens in the round.

Gutter takes and nocks an arrow, ready to bring his bow to bear on the creatures. The kobolds seem intent on the family they have cornered and not interested in the group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases