D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Nice show, auntie. If I knew you could do live shows, I'd bother you much more while I was recovering." Zanword smiles.

He thinks for a moment and turns toward Aridha.
"The attack is tomorrow, we could probably do a short session. Come on!" he offers the hand to the girl.

Dueling Contest would be best of three roll off as follows...
1) First decide who took the initiative:
-- each combatant rolls initiative and the winner decides who is the aggressor
2) Insight vs Deception contest: The two combatants circle each other and make little lunges as they test each other.
-- Aggressor rolls the Deception
3) If one player has won both contests then post how he executes his "flawless victory" against his opponent
-- If tied going into contest three use the following options:
--- If Insight won Contest two that player may:
---- a) take the dodge action (and wait till Aggressor has finished attacking), and then counterattack with advantage
---- b) make an attack before the Aggressor

--- If Deception won Contest two that player may:
----a) attempt the shove action with the opponent rolling with disadvantage
----b) attack first with advantage

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: Worst start of any duel ever! :) [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], Aridha is missing from Rogue Gallery.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: <G> We could say Rana tripped him at the begining (cane through the spokes), for being so oblivious to the witchy mood? (And calling her aunty)

She's nowhere near above that. ;)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I rolled Insight, which makes you the aggressor. We should probably have rolled initiative separately to figure out who chooses first. :)

That said, Insight's my good skill (lol die roller) so I'd probably have gone this way anyway. I may use an outside roller in the future, since it lets me create the post after I see the roll...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Let's say it went that way, although it is quite the same if we go +5 vs +5 or +0 vs +0 :) Let's do some descriptions and start from square one (with new rolls)

As Aridha takes offered hand and is hauled up, young paladin pulls a bit stronger than strictly needed, turning around and swinging slight girl around and letting go at the precise moment to sent her flying. But it is not first time that he did that although rarely since usual practice was with swords already drawn.

Still, she recognizes the move and simply quick-steps few paces back drawing her sword as she goes. She ends up in wide, stable stance suitable for defense in mud, dust and other unstable footing.

Zanword grins, drawing his own sword, still sheated in its leather scabbard.
"You know me too well. Now to see if you can hold your own!"

He advances, feinting, sliding to the left and right as he weaves around the girl trying to get that first hit.

[roll0]
OOC: Not much better :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
(Excellent)

The water wavers and twists, the top is a white cap of bubbles, the base wide and green. Inside the body of the wave the group sees a thick black cloud form like a line down its center.

Are you walking forward? It seems like you are, the green of the wave base is grass and you are topping a hill with the black plume directly ahead. Reaching the crest the scene below is chaos and death.

An over turned cart burns sending up the guiding smoke. Its contents lay scattered about the ground, an chipped axe, a broken sword, a bent crowbar, a smashed jewel, and a torn book. Then the imagines change to a tree line with large lurching figures seen barely as silhouettes or shadows among the trees. They drag with them Javin Martell who is lying on the ground trapped in a crude net.

Javin's image screams without any sound, before being dragged into the brush of the forest.

The wave then collapses, splashing out in all directions. Instinctively you jump back but the water disappears before it touches anyone.

You turn to see a slacked jawed Javin, cask of brandy in hand, shiver visibly in disbelief.

(How'd I do?)
OOC: EDIt darn it got so excited didn't see a page 2 sry

hero4hire

Explorer
It was not often Templeton mingled with the others. Differences in social station, his pungent aroma, and most of all, a creepy social awkawardness contributed to the lack of interaction. He took his meals near Hexiros; of all the group the Ratcatcher's aroma did not seem to alter the Dragonman's appetite. Indeed atop of his smell, Templeton's table manners were atrocious. He rarely used utensils, ate ravenously, and sometimes was caught eating things all too different than the party. As if the man had his own supply of "mystery meat".
When the group was all together, Templeton would simply linger just outside of the group as the others spoke, listening to everything, but rarely participating. When eye contact was made he would be quick to smile, but somehow it just made his presence all the more awkward.
hqdefault.jpg

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
You turn to see a slacked jawed Javin, cask of brandy in hand, shiver visibly in disbelief.
The witch began to softly cackle -- as if just as surprised as poor Javin, though in the exact *opposite* direction!

“The Lady is Great indeed!”

The cackling grew, triumphantly, her robed arms simultaneously reaching up and out, as if to grasp the very heavens.

Power! Power such as she’d never-

"Nice show, auntie. If I knew you could do live shows, I'd bother you much more while I was recovering." Zanword smiles. [...]

He advances, feinting, sliding to the left and right as he weaves around the girl trying to get that first hit.
Just about then though his foot caught on a wooden stick and he almost face-planted into wet ground.

And that 'stick' looked suspiciously like the end of an all-too-familiar cane, actually...

Actions: Rana is Helping Aridha; advantage on her next roll please. ;)

[sblock=OOC]
(How'd I do?)
To quote a great man: Excellent <two thumbs up!>[/sblock]

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Rebekah drew her warm cloak about her and smiled at the dwarf, "By the fire would be most pleasant Master Anvilforge." she smiled warmly at the stout figure. He was coming along most agreeably and anticipating her wants was something her was getting much better at.

She smiled at the bookish half-elf, her eye's skimming the title and she conversed for a few moments with her female companion.

[sblock=OOC]

History roll for some general conversation on the topic [roll0]

[/sblock]

Watching the sparing she noticed a few people on edge about the old woman's foreboding, Rebekah knew a charlatan when she saw one. Full of non-specific details that allowed a person to fill in the blanks on their own. She watched her carefully as she spoke to Gwylla, attempting to get a guage as to who may be her mark.

[sblock=ooc]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

As the witch's vision started it took all her training to try and hold her composure, if this woman is a fraud; she was good.

[sblock=ooc]

Attempt to maintain impassive facade [roll2]
[/sblock]

"Well, what do we make of that?"

Remove ads