D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha is indeed prepared for the Captain's play this time. Even before Rana intervenes, she's lunging in with her makeshift practice sword...taking advantage of how he's committed to his attack to dart inside his guard and spin to deliver a pommel strike to his abdomen.

At least...that's where she'd been aiming for.

Because of that cane, and that trip, the good Blackpearl's balance had shifted while Ari was in mid-motion. The strike that she'd intended for his gut wound up hitting him...a little lower down.

Insight [roll0]
Attack [roll1] or [roll2] w/adv

(lol...it's a crit with advantage...sorry Cap!)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Given that stambling usually means bowing down to catch the balance, I'd say it would be head shot. But as you prefer.
You didn't roll sense motive, but given 19 and 20 you win :)

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], I can be fully online (and at the computer) between 17:00 and 21:00 at GMT +1. We could finish the combat in half an hour if we're both online at the same time :)

1d20+3=4 - note that this is different roller and I got 1 again :) The Captain is slow this evening. Must be lack of rum. Or that tea that Rana gave him earlier :)

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Emmyr scowled at the vision in the water. “Well, tha’ doesnae tell us much aboot wha’ is after us, witch,” he said. “Nice parlour trick, though.”

The dwarf looked up at Javin. “Come, man. Knowin’s ‘alf the battle.” He held his hand out for the brandy. “Drink a wee bit yerself, ‘fore yeh wet yerself.”

Emmry looked over at Lady Rebekah. He would never put a hand on her to reassure her, of course, not one of her station. “Aye, we make o’ tha’ by keepin’ our eyes open on the morrow. Though I be wonderin’ if ain’t some tricksiness.” He leaned in close to Rebekah to speak softly. “I think I’ll sleep in the cart wi’ yuir trunk an’ coin t’night, Milady.”

Emmyr glanced over at the fight to see the wild girl give the sailor a nice shot in the stones. “Oof, tha’ makes me wince!” he said, gritting his teeth and clenching his legs in sympathetic pain. “Keep yer elbows in, girlie!” he called out some advice to the slip of a girl.

Shayuri

First Post
(Insight IS sense motive in this edition. My sense not so much that he stumbled and fell as that he was just out of position, out of his sort of crouched guard stance kind of thing. Just going for something comic. AFHV teaches us nothing is funnier than a surprise nut-punch. :))

[roll0]

hero4hire

Explorer
Upon seeing the visions in the water, Templeton looked on, mouth agape, eyes wide in amazement.
Mackenzie%20Crook.jpg

Despite the dark portent and the grim reactions Templeton clapped his hands with glee! "Again! Again!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
At least...that's where she'd been aiming for.

Because of that cane, and that trip, the good Blackpearl's balance had shifted while Ari was in mid-motion. The strike that she'd intended for his gut wound up hitting him...a little lower down.

The pirate issues a loud "HUMPF!" and drops on one knee, shield held protectively above his head, with sword arm resting on the ground.
"I'd be dead if you hit me with the blade like that." he said in somewhat strained voice. "Two-to-one, just like in real life, eh?" irrepressible scoundrel grins as he slowly gets on his feet.

"You know, if you're interested, you can show it in much gentler way. It would be more pleasurable for both of us." he tries to goad Aridha, but grimaces at another jolt of pain.
"Just maybe not tonight."

"Ready for the next round?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rana sighed at that, suddenly missing her quiet swamp.

“Adults are trying to have a conversation here, children. Be so kind as to scamper off if you can’t pay proper attention.” She made a flicking motion towards nothing in particular - so long as it was far, far away -, rubbing her temple as if feeling the throbs of an impending headache...

Getting back to it:
"Well, what do we make of that?"
[...] Emmry looked over at Lady Rebekah. He would never put a hand on her to reassure her, of course, not one of her station. “Aye, we make o’ tha’ by keepin’ our eyes open on the morrow. Though I be wonderin’ if ain’t some tricksiness.” He leaned in close to Rebekah to speak softly. “I think I’ll sleep in the cart wi’ yuir trunk an’ coin t’night, Milady.”
The old lady just bared yellowed teeth below a nose like a knife. (Coins? Really? Were their dreams really so small?)

She addressed mostly Rebekah and Javin (and technically the quiet girl who hadn’t spoken in she-didn’t-remember-how-long), “Far be it from me to suggest we could maybe *not* walk into the fang-lined trap awaiting us...?” She grinned again, though this time it was suddenly smaller, and steeped in signs of road-weariness. Creakily lowering herself to sit on the large log they’d pulled by the fireside, she added: “I am of course but an old, old house-wife and not as familiar with the intricacies of war planning as your strong dwarven warrior there...”

Slowly considering all of them in turn this time, with austere eyes of palest brown - like water that had barely touched tea leaves ... “What *will* you do?”

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
"While some might suggest it poor manners to dismiss the hard work of those that would attack us on the morrow," Rebekah placed her plate down and gratefully took the fare Emmyr had provided. "You sir, are a godsend!" she said with some feeling.

"I would rather not fall victim to such an cowardly attack on our persons." turning to face Javin, "I assume good sir that you have traversed this road in the past; do you recognise the area of this attack?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros maintains his soldier-like stance, though he's never actually been a real soldier. He does listen to the conversation at hand, but thus far has nothing to add to it.

Remove ads