• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

edit, found: dungeon map from 1E &3.0E DMG & Dungeon of the Fire Opal- Issue #84

frankthedm

First Post
Could someone help me to find an electronic image of the map that was in the 1E & 3.0E DMG along with Dungeon 84's "Dungeon of the Fire Opal".

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
thanks, i had a paper copies of it in all 3 forms [1e, 3e, mag] but my scanner was busted and was hoping to find one to mod in MSpaint and then print in mini's scale using word on 11x17 paper when i first posted this. I finaly got the stupid thing working a few weeks back. You can see some of the grid errors/ annomalies of the 1e DMG still on the map if you look close.

I Combined The overland of B5 The Horror on the Hill and the dungeon of the fire opal.

My players {6th to 7th} just made it into the dungeon. the second map shows thier progress.

Attachments

• opalsmall.GIF
    opalsmall.GIF
    103.4 KB · Views: 255
  • opalclear.gif
    opalclear.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I tend to knock out a wall here and there, create cave ins to make belivable buffers between residents and place at least 1 path to the underdark in 90% of the dungeons i run.

Templetroll

Explorer
Quasqueton said:
It would be interesting to find out how many other DMs made a dungeon out that map.

I did. Back in ~92, for AD&D1.

Quasqueton

I used it twice for different groups. Neither one made it into the tomb area; the things I put in the front part always seemd to be enough adventure for the parties.

I'll have to dust off that map again!

grodog

Hero
I used the monastary as another output of the Cult of Elemental Evil, after the release of T1 but before T1-4 was published. I set it in the Wild Coast, and created a caverns level below the first level of the dungeon.

Unfortunately, since my host is having trojan issues, I can't point you to the map at present....

Remove ads