Editorial Calendar for April

Nymrohd

First Post
April Editorial Calendar is up!
Editorial Calendar

Two Playtests (One is probably the Monk later in the month, one seems to be the return of Dual-Classing?)
Familiars, Ecology of Deva, Creature Incarnation: Orcs, Excerpts from AP, MM2, and a few of new articles (Arcane School, Character Concepts, Court of Stars).

I was expecting the monk, find Dual-classing weird (especially since the 4E multiclass is essentially a dual-class, unless the ridiculous 2E rules return . . .) and even though I like playtests I still find Dragon a bit too thin compared to the early issues.

Last edited:

chaotix42

First Post
Gotta love Creature Incarnations! I can always use some more monsters. Ditto to Ecology articles.

Lots of PHB3 playtests! I wonder what the second one is - we're not getting the Monk until May, right? Hmmmm.

Another thing that makes me go hmmmm - Arcane School? A Dragon & Dungeon article both? Wonder what it could be...

Also, MM2 excerpts make me glee. Can't wait!

samursus

Explorer
I saw it too...and went....wtf!?!?!?!??!?

Dual Classing? Where did that come from? Its not like I have seen people clamoring for the return of that old beast.

I can't even remember how it worked.

Nymrohd

First Post
If you are a human, you have the strange and mystical ability to pick up a second class and completely forget your old class (even if you had like 20 levels in it). When your new class level surpasses the old one, you magically got all that experience back!

Obviously I would be shocked if they try to do anything like that in 4E, it is probably a better way to create class hybrids (and hopefully takes the place of paragon multiclassing). Seems like an artificial fix to paragon multiclassing to me.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
What be interesting if it was a Level 1 option. So if you Dual Class, it can represent someone who from the beginning has split his efforts between two classes. Could be something for those who have a long backstory, where they were a Rogue, but studied to be a Wizard, etc, etc.

It is nice that we are getting our first Court of Stars.Hmm... Perhaps Arcane School is like the Gladiator article, except one is now in Dungeon (more of a actual adventure rather then campaign guidelines?)

Nymrohd

First Post
I think, but I cannot remember exactly where I read it, that they had said way back before release that they wanted two multiclassing systems, one for dipping into another class and one for full on hybrids. That would make the character systems sans paragon multiclassing the dipping one (and it does work reasonably well for that purpose) and whatever dual-classing is, the second system.

avin

First Post
"Ecology of the Deva"... I can't understand why focus on races presented in PHBs.

Unless the article aims for racial variations (different origin, shape, color) it's almost useless *to me*.

Jack99

Adventurer
"Ecology of the Deva"... I can't understand why focus on races presented in PHBs.

Unless the article aims for racial variations (different origin, shape, color) it's almost useless *to me*.

I think a lot of people want more information about this "new" race.

Remove ads