Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Medina

Explorer
Kalli shrugs. "Beyond setting up some sort of bizarre rig to stop vibrations or make sure we don't drop the pie, or creating an illusionary pie to fool any would-be pie thieves, I'm short of ideas on what more we can do here. And I don't know much about pie-stabilizers or illusions. I guess I'll see you guys at the bakers, unless there's something you want me to do?"

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva thanks Petra as she leaves. He then addresses his remaining companions. "I'll go pick up the quarterstaffs and ask a couple of merchants if they have anything that could be used to protect the pie. You're welcome to come with me if you want."

Kaleva stands up and leaves.

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur stands up to follow Kaleva.

"I'll come along if that's ok. I figure it could help to see what the streets look like."

OOC: Can I roll to learn anything about the streets we'll be using?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kalli, Kaleva, and Arthur head out to Kaleva's shop for the quarterstaffs. There are plenty of merchant's along the way, selling all sorts of knick-knacks and crockery, so the gang would have no trouble finding a seller of a covered birdcage or glassware (though the glassware is expensive enough to become a significant chunk out of your shared ten dragon pot).

OOC[MENTION=32797]Arthur[/MENTION]: Gather Information or Knowledge (Local) would be appropriate. (Max possible roll is 10 if you're untrained in a knowledge skill)

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

"I'll see if anything useful might come to mind about the streets we'll be using..."

Arthur starts to rattle his brain for any bits of knowledge.

OOC: I'll roll for Knowledge (local). If it's a class skill with no ranks, can I get higher than 10?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[MENTION=6684532]rubisco[/MENTION]:

Edwyd's Victuals is a few doors down from the Red Dragon Inn. The atmosphere inside is starkly different from that in the tavern always filled with adventurers. Edwyd's is much slower paced, with locals talking quietly instead of travelers shouting upon entry, with spotless floors and tables instead of dirt and grass from fields around Orussus, with smells of warm apple pie and smoking bacon instead of spilled ale and road stench. The Red Dragon Inn has its own charm, but this place is a place worth paying for, and by the gods, the smell of that pie...

(Petra must make a DC 5 will save)

[MENTION=99102]epicbob[/MENTION]:

OOC: No, Arthur must be trained in order to get higher than a 10.

[MENTION=6685271]Kaleva[/MENTION], [MENTION=6682244]Medina[/MENTION]: Will you spend time trying to find a glass pie platter? A covered bird cage? Or are you just going to pick up the quarterstaves and head back to Edwyd's?

OOG: I'm going on a weekend trip. I'll try to post once more before I head off.

Medina

Explorer
Kalli taps his coin purse feeling it's weight, or lack thereof, as they walk to pick up the staves.

"I don't know about you," he says to Kaleva, "but I think we should go down the bird cage idea, rather than the glass cover. Glass is expensive. We should keep an eye out for likely vendors on the way.

Plus, it seems to me that the most likely place to find a cover for a pie might be the bakers..."

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

The pie's scent makes Petra's mouth water and memories of home, in Arkanian, begin to seep in. Her feet start making their way to pie as tears start to well up in her eyes. She shakes her head, clears her mind, and remembers why she's here. We have a task to do, she thinks to herself. But what a great idea to wait here instead of the Inn - this atmosphere was much more to her liking. She makes her way to an empty table and has a seat, facing the entrance to the shop.

[sblock=OOC]Will Save = 11 against pie[/sblock]

Kaleva

First Post
Kalli taps his coin purse feeling it's weight, or lack thereof, as they walk to pick up the staves.

"I don't know about you," he says to Kaleva, "but I think we should go down the bird cage idea, rather than the glass cover. Glass is expensive. We should keep an eye out for likely vendors on the way.

Plus, it seems to me that the most likely place to find a cover for a pie might be the bakers..."

I agree. Let's keep our eyes open on the way back to the baker's, but with the cab providing the protection, I think we will be alright. I am certain the Edwyrd would have some way to protect the pie from his bakery to the cab.

Kaleva returns to the bakery with Kalli. He will keep his eyes open on the way back for anything that might serve as a container to the pie, but it is much more important to him to arrive back at the bakery in time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases