• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur catches up with the cab and asks (assuming the cab is not going too fast to catch up to) :

"Is the pie still intact?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: The pie is safe, if you're asking me. It's really up to Kaleva, though.

IC: Combat ends.

The streets around you are now eerily empty. Even the shopkeepers are hiding behind their stalls, only a brave few peering out at the scene in the market place. The horse slows to a trot, then stops at the coachman's behest. Only meters away, the blood of each dog begins to pool. They are still breathing, but barely.

Medina

Explorer
Kalli sheathes his flail and looks over the pie, "Looks good," he says to Arthur. "Blasted dogs," he mutters, "should know better than to attack people like that."

He looks around at the assembled people. "We'd best be off," he says. "Don't want any more animals catching the scent."

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva holds the pie to Kalli, "Please take the pie." Kaleva looks over the scene and the change in atmosphere. "We need to leave quickly, but I want the opportunity to tend to these unfortunate creatures."

If one of his companions takes custody of the pie, Kaleva exits the cab to check on the nearest injured dog.

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur holsters his quarterstaff and picks up his backpack from the cab. Noticing the abnormal silence, Arthur takes in the new "scenery" and says :

"It doesn't look like the people here will forget our pie anytime soon. Although it may not be for the right reasons..."

He looks at the pie and continues :

"At least the pie is secure so we remain in business."

Kaleva

First Post

Kaleva tries to pass the pie to one of his companions, but if they do not recognize his body language, he will place the pie down within the cab.

He will then visit the bleeding dog and cast "Cure Minor Wounds" to stabilize the dog.

He will then check on the first dog.

OOC: 0th: [Strike]Message[/Strike], Mending, Detect Magic
1st: Unseen Servant, Obscuring Mist, Burning Hands (Domain)

Kaleva

First Post

OOC: I don't know. Kaleva isn't really forceful enough just to say to another person "Here take this pie." But at the same time I didn't just want to say that he passed the pie to one of his companions. For me, it is good enough that Kaleva hands over the pie to Arthur, but maybe we really do need to make some rolls.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Hm, at Kaleva, do I understand correctly that you want to pass the pie to another PC, but you don't want to take actions for other PCs? If that's the case, I think no rolls are necessary, and if Arthur is willing to hold the pie for a bit (no danger is imminent), then we can just continue on.

IC: Kaleva hands the pie to Arthur, then kneels down next to one of the broken dogs. The spell works its magic: the open wounds quickly scab closed, and disgusting cracking noises can be heard from within the dog's chest as its bones unbreak. It continues to breath raggedly, but it will live.

The other dog is in a similar condition to the first (pre-healing, that is). It will very likely die, soon, if left untreated.

Remove ads