Effects of Large size

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If a human happens to be over 8 feet tall (maybe he has gigantism) he is still a human. (Contrived example I know).

Generally, even if a human is over 8 feet tall (say, an Enlarge spell turning a 6' human into a 9' human) he's still considered a Medium creature.

Under the influence of, say, a Righteous Might spell, he does become a Large creature.

Charm Person description : This charm makes a humanoid of Medium size or smaller regard you as his trusted friend and ally.

If this race is naturally Large - needs a Charm Monster to get him.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The posted stats aren't for a Large race, but for a Medium-size creature *advanced* to Large.

Interestingly, while Righteous Might makes a Medium creature Large, the only effect from the MM list that occurs is the -1 to AC/Attack.

The +8 to Str, +4 to Con, and -2 to Dex are ignored. A separate +4 "Enlargement Bonus" to Strength is applied. And the question of Reach is not addressed.

Should Righteous Might grant a 10' Reach, do you think?

-Hyp.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
The bonuses were skipped because (1) the creature isn't advancing, and (2) it would be to powerful for righeous might.

I think righeous might'd creatures should get reach, if they're Large bipeds.

ruleslawyer

I'd say so too.

And I think RM is woefully underpowered as is; especially since poly other and divine power, both 4th-level spells, can do VASTLY better. I'd give the standard bonuses/penalties for size advancement in place of the +4 enlargement bonus to Strength, me'self.

dcollins

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
The +8 to Str, +4 to Con, and -2 to Dex are ignored. A separate +4 "Enlargement Bonus" to Strength is applied. And the question of Reach is not addressed.

Although, notice that +4 is correct for a Small-to-Medium size increase. On average, in fact, the Strength bonus is +5.

Remove ads