Egyptian-themed D&D Setting with PLANE SHIFT: AMONKHET

According to http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/07/04/dd-meets-amonkhet-magic-the-gathering-this-week/ Plane Shift: Amonkhet should come out this week. I'll be interested to see if it's more engaging than Kaladesh. I had high hopes for that - but as an adventuring world it seems a bit dull after Zendikar and Innistrad.

Drunken_Ranger

First Post
robus - I have considered modifying a real-world Egypt map, or maybe Osirion. However, I don't get much time for that sort of thing anymore. But if I must, I must. I was just hoping that. in the year that this thread has sat dormant, somebody else might have put one together.

As far as Amonkhet not being an entire world, that isn't a problem. I actually have an idea to bring a couple of MtG planes together into a single world. The idea would take what is written in the supplements and basic wiki pages to create a past for a world that is actually a hybrid setting, in game. My mind went down that road because I liked the concept of having both an Egyptian and Mesoamerican civilization in the same setting. So, at minimum Ixalan and Amonkhet.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
As far as Amonkhet not being an entire world, that isn't a problem. I actually have an idea to bring a couple of MtG planes together into a single world. The idea would take what is written in the supplements and basic wiki pages to create a past for a world that is actually a hybrid setting, in game. My mind went down that road because I liked the concept of having both an Egyptian and Mesoamerican civilization in the same setting. So, at minimum Ixalan and Amonkhet.

Funnily enough i started to have the same thought as i was thinking about the issue of them not being entire worlds. Sounds promising, good luck!

Remove ads

Remove ads