Elanor in Trekholm

Greys of Shade

First Post
so, how did it turn out for your two groups?

One of you mentioned an Eladrin (or high elf? I tend to get confused by the two names) as a PC. Maybe a living Elanor would try to replace Isobel with her after a successful rescue mission instead of throwing them into the arena? But it would depend on her cover story. Should she be disguised as a regular wood elf, it wouldn't make too much sense.

Tizbiz

Explorer
The last few weeks we startet "always on time" and on Sunday my players were wondering about Isobel and Elanor. The uneven pair was immediately on their radar. And they were arguing about why someone who wants to be not seen would draw attention on herself by going veiled.

Elanor was immediately interested in Auryn (who poses as an Eladrin woman raised in Ber and who is traveling with her husband) and offered her to get her a good deal, if Auryn ever got tired of her husband. She even gave her her bussiness card and told her that she would extend her offer to other Eladrin. As Auryn has a bad experience being sold to slavery and her cousin being killed during her abduction she was really upset but managed to stay calm.

Isobel lifted her lower Veil during the lunch and the constables saw a androgyn or female chin.

(i screwed up the part that she would only eat things prepared by her captor but it would have given her away even more. It did not matter as the deva constable has scent and alchemy knowledge and he was sure Isobel was drugged anyways and that under the drugs smell Isobel smelled more like an female than a male person)

Auryn almost dragged her partner to their private quarters and told him that she felt the urge to strangle that elanor bitch on the spot. Mr. Carlyle told her not to endanger the mission which she promised. Then Auryn told the deva that she suspects Isobel to be an eladrin or at least an elf and that she feels responsible to rescue her. This led to a rather long and interesting argument about "what would Auryn do, if she would have to choose between the RHC and this kind of self interests".

They finally settled that they would look into the matter and rescue the girl after their mission. Later in the hotel at Cherage Mr. Carlyle took a chance of Elanor waiting for her carriage and broke into her room. There he found the papers of Isobel being bought for 100 000 Gold from the Travers family and her description resembling an eladrin woman. When he told Auryn about it, he warned her that Elanors business seems to be legitimate and that they had to keep up their cover.

They had to decide if they follow Elanor or the other guests. When Elanor left into Cherage they bribed the hotel staff and the door man told them that he was told to get a carriage to a well known noble quarter.

Fortunately they decided to follow the other suspects and trailed Bree to the manor of the ruler of danor. (they think that Bree is a high ranking agent of Han Jierre)

They found the dead girl and decided not to pursue Boone because they don´t want their cover story to break apart. (Probably Boone is going to end up as collateral damage sooner or later. Agent 007 Auryn Bond will see to it ....)

In Orithea things changed somehow and they decided risking all to abduct Isobel. I just barely managed to show them Mr. Mapple confessing to Isobel. (My players loved Mr. Mapple. I played him as a mysterious lovable yet innocent guy looking like a young greek god and completely left out his dark side and his life draining touch. In Cherage they were amused by his antics and decided he was not their problem to pursue. Mr Gabriel asked if Mr. Mapple had shaved himself before bathing in Cherage and i rewarded the idea by letting them find a drop of his blood just to see their faces when they found his true name.)

Instantly they decided to contact Mr. Mapple. They found his place in the train but Mr Mapple was playing the bathing beauty in the hotel. They finally found him and asked him if he would help freeing Isobel. They planed well and Mr. Carlyle teleported into Elanors Rooms bypassing the hotel security. He knocked Elanor out, (dealing enough damage to kill her 3-4 times :p), robbed all her financial funds and teleported away carring Isobel with him.

While he brought Isobel to a boat they had arranged for their own escape, Auryn and Mr. Mapple made a big show of Isobel being carried away by Mr Mapples. Auryn called for their medical sidekick to attend to the victim and drug Elanor even deeper into unconsciousness.

Mr. Carlyle gave orders to carry Isobel away to a place that can not be scryed and as they have priority status as "the away team" i decided that their "secret orders from the king-relationship" lead to the director of infiltration Lauryn interfering and teleporting Isobel to a antimagic cell under the Flint RHC headquarters. (nobody knows that their secret orders refer to them being allowed to report about the flint vekeshi directly to the king :eek:)

The train left Orithrea with Elanor still unconcious in the train enclave hotel and missing any financial funds. (it left me with an headache how Elanor will catch up ..... She needs to abduct Auryn of course to make up for her loss and has any reason to throw Mr. Mapple into the arena.)

Last edited:

ediz

Explorer
my post got eaten. My game is pbp and we started before EN had made the decision to create an eladrin race for PF. So at the time, it was high vs wood elf and it made a lot more sense in Adventure 1 where the Ducal handmaiden was pretending to be a wood elf when she was really a high elf. Considering, I never played 4th edition, I had no idea what an Eladrin was and now that we are on year 5 of the campaign to change nomenclature mid-stream seems a waste of time. I played 2nd edition and then moved to Europe for awhile and played a lot of DSA and then moved to Russia where I played a great deal of Savage WOrlds and PF. Since I am a huge Gamma World fan from way back, I adapted Damata's Totems to give the players some GW style powers which was pretty easy to adapt considering the similarity between GW 4th edition and D&D 3 and PF. I kind of think of Southern Lanjyr being more like South America (jaguars and the like) plus in the Ziggurat the ancient sword is basically an Aztec obsidian blade. I gave the Damata's totems the animal characteristics of South American animals like the jaguar, spectacled bear (laser eyes) which was a whole :):):):) load of fun. I left the door open to have Damata's tribe playing a more major role in the future, by implying they might have been descendants of the ancients... but the stories may have gotten confused over the millennia.

The kidnapped Isobell in Trekhom with the help of Mapple and where disguised the whole time. Snuck in and abducted the drugged up high elf and brought her to the ship. The other half of the party followed Luc back to the train and saw him do something to the roof. Now in Nalaam, the party helped Damata and wanted to see what is on the smokestack. They were successful in getting Damata to help them gain access to the train at night because of his connection to the Beran railroad. They took the lantern and the nem oil from the smokestack. So it should be funny when Luc tries to spring the trap. I envision the lantern turning on and nem oil dripping on the floor.

Tizbiz

Explorer
I forgot to mention, that my players got themselves completely busy with the rescue of Isobel and did not follow the other guys soon enough. They even forgot to follow them by Mr. Carlyle´s scent ability. Their medical sidekick followed Luc but i decided that Bree would arrange for the crate trick and that the NPC had lost Luc´s trail because of that.

Greys of Shade

First Post
Sounds like both plans succeeded!
And Tizbiz' party did it in Orithea? They must have really made Isobel top priority. But from your campaign logs it kind of sounds logical.

You only got two players, right? It kind of makes sense that they couldn't follow all the trails. Most of the interesting stuff happens at very similar times if I remember correctly, so unless they'd split the party (and considering the fact that they are only two, you probably wouldn't split up unless you are 100% sure you wouldn't run into trouble. Also "Never Split The Party!"), they'd stick together. And most Constables will need some sleep after tedious and stressful rescue missions.

ediz: Right, the PF Eladrin wasn't in the first version of the setting material. Now it makes much more sense.

Tizbiz

Explorer
And Tizbiz' party did it in Orithea? They must have really made Isobel top priority. But from your campaign logs it kind of sounds logical.

You only got two players, right? It kind of makes sense that they couldn't follow all the trails. Most of the interesting stuff happens at very similar times if I remember correctly, so unless they'd split the party (and considering the fact that they are only two, you probably wouldn't split up unless you are 100% sure you wouldn't run into trouble. Also "Never Split The Party!"), they'd stick together. And most Constables will need some sleep after tedious and stressful rescue missions.

Yes, i have only two players. They have a NPC cleric (their medical sidekick) sitting in the second class wagons who examined the dead dwarf assassin und drugged Elanor. And the goblin NPC Burton, the survivor of the former team 3, is traveling second class and posing as a professional card shark (looks like a pirate complete with eye patch and a pet parrot on his shoulder). They also recruited Rock Rackus to do recital at all cities the train stops in the evenings to divert attention from the various constables.

As expected they could not be anywhere at the same time and they told me that all the people they have met might be red herrings and that they never played a adventure of this kind before. They also observed with a smile that their characters never have thought to find the train so full of freaks. The demon-possessed Boone whom they can not touch right now, Mr. Mapple who they really like and who is a memento of Dr. Recklinghausen (whom they see in a new sinister light now), the high agent of the ruler of danor Bree, the lucky dwarf mage who escaped an assassins murder plot by sheer luck (the assassin´s spirit was questioned by the spirit medium Mr. Carlyle), the guy Cardiff from Risur with his secret suitcase (which they have yet to pursue) and some actual red herrings that i inserted.

ediz

Explorer
My players think that Bree is the mastermind. There are 5 characters. They followed Elanor in Cherage and figured she wasn't the one to follow. One person followed Bree, another the dwarf, another Boone but got shaken off from him and another made friends with Damata. In Orithea, they followed Bree and Luc and sat in on the lighthouse gave up on Elanor and Damata as targets and one got shook by Cardiff. Another character followed Boone and they got into a firefight over the murder of the lady. They tossed the demon pistol in the ocean and came to the conclusion Bree was the main target. In Trekhom, Damata asked for help and they helped him in Nalaam. The party followed Luc and Bree as well as Cardiff but there were too many at Cardiff's meeting for the one agent to get involved.

Tizbiz, Deine Mitspieler haben wohl nicht geinterrailt, vermute ich mal. Mit Zwanzig war ich durch Europa mit dem Zug und soviele seltsame Leute kennengelernt.

Remove ads