• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elemental Evil Player's Companion Now Available in Print!

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard). While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well. Nice find. $8.00 is way cheaper than OfficeMax was willing to charge ($15) to print the same thing. I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the...

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard).

While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well.

Nice find. $8.00 is way cheaper than OfficeMax was willing to charge ($15) to print the same thing.

I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the hardcovers/box sets.

fjw70

Adventurer
Just curious if the link in question was to the Basic Rules. The BR give permission to print or copy for personal use, but forbid resale. I would think that someone printing the BR via Lulu for personal use would be fine.

I assume printing for personal use would be fine too, but in this case it is someone offering the BR for sale which not allowed.

fjw70

Adventurer
I am thinking about ordering this. I don't particularly want this book in hard over but I want to encourage more POD products (including a full basic rules book).

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I am thinking about ordering this. I don't particularly want this book in hard over but I want to encourage more POD products (including a full basic rules book).

That's what pushed me over the edge into getting...supporting the idea and future products.
[MENTION=7635]Remathilis[/MENTION] , mine is not here yet either...but I did get a shipping notification.

Ghost Matter

Explorer
It looks like it will be an excellent addition to my shelf, then.

If WotC is watching this thread, some titles I would be interested in purchasing in POD:

* Player's Handbooks from every edition except 4th (which has moved into online tools), 5th (I already own this), and AD&D 1e (I own the reprint).
* Dungeon Master's Guides from every edition except 4th (as noted) and 5th (I already own this).
* Monster Manuals from every edition except 4th (as noted) and 5th (I already own this).

3.5, AD&D 1st and 2nd already have reprints

Print on demand would likely have a very high price too. The books are huge. I would think 40-50$ each, maybe more since it's Wizards.
You have a point with regard to the price of the books; however, availability still suffers. Purchasing it in Standard colour would be less than half of that price, but, of course, quality would suffer. However...Long-term prospects of increased printing from POD and therefore decreased costs, supply and demand, is outside this topic. And for years in the future. I can see POD becoming how all or most books are printed, though.

And speaking personally, if I could get a mint copy of some of the books in my library that are now ragged; some extremely ragged...But that isn't even RPGs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads