• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Elements of Magic" and other systems

netnomad

Explorer
How about certain skills give bonus MP or a skill that gives bonus MP?

If you don't want a new skill you can use concentration as a way to get back MP that have been used since the PC enters a meditate state. You need to mediate for 1 hour but depending on the DC on the DC determines how many MP you get back. For example a DC 15 will get you 5mp, a DC 20 will get you 10 MP, a DC 25 will get you 15, etc...

If you want a new skill you can call it Reverie. Each rank in it gives you the mage class level in MP back per hour if you make a Skill Check DC 15. For each 5 over you make the check you get a +1 MP back. This skill has a synergy with Concentration +1 for very 5 points in Concentration.

Now this was from the top of my head and will most likely have to be tweaked a bit but hopefully you get the picture.

-NetNomad

Phaedrus

First Post
yep, Estimated Time of Arrival.

(Sorry, work for an Acronym-obsessed company and forget that not everyone is as crazy as we are...)

I'm going to do a campaign with only 2 PC's, a Fighter-type and a Mage. I want to use EoM to combine the cleric/wizard into one character...

I'm sorry for the near complete lack of replies. My computer's internet died, and now even after I've reinstalled everything it's still giving me troubles, so I can only access the internet from the library, where they don't let you bring disks. So I can't upload anything to show you guys. I'm hoping to get this fixed ASAP, but if I can't, I'll hopefully be able to find a friend who'll let me use his computer for a few hours.

Phaedrus, assuming I can get my computer up and on the web, I can send you a draft of the rules. We haven't gotten to layout yet, but I can show you the raw text. Send me an email, and hopefully I'll be able to get it to you by mid-week.

So yeah, my computer's ethernet should be working as far as anyone knows. Even the official computer folks at my university think everything should be working fine.

So as soon as I make sure all the necessary (read: urgent) files for ENWorld Player's Journal 4 are available online for my coworkers, I'll be able to start copying EOM to floppies and working on it on public terminals. Not ideal, but I should be able to put up Move for you this Saturday.

gpetruc

First Post
Do I need to get the original Elements of Magic PDF before and the then revision, or there will be a self-sufficient revised PDF ?
After reading the preview I immediatly added this to my "to buy" list, it's really cool and well done !

I just hope it comes out early

It would be nice to have also a "skill only" system, without MP (a la Ars Magica, for a high magic world) ... but probably it is asking too much.

Charles Gray

First Post
ETA date and OGL material.

Hi!
Two quick questions-- well, two and half. First of all, will the new elements of magic include more material than the first edition + the upgrade? I'm not upset-- infact from the released material you've made a great deal of changes, far more than say, 3.5 (cough cough), D&D, so I'd be perfectly willing to buy the second edition outright.
Secondly, do you have any "in thius month it'll be out" date? THe reason is quite simple, I work in comics and we have a comic coming out that is going to have a game tie in, and when I bought the first edition, I knew what I wanted to use for its magic system. However, the second edition sounds like it's greatly improved, so I was thinking of waiting for it.

Thank you,

PS: When the OGL license was first created, this was the sort of thing I'd hoped we'd see more of-- systems building off of the D20 system, but making thier original contributions to it. This is hands down, one of the best PDF products I have ever bought, and also probably among the top five or six rules sets for D20, in print or otherwise.
Also, extra points for using the bookmark feature of Acrobat-- I don't know why so many PDF publishers leave that feature unused.
Good work, and thanks!

Remove ads