Elven/Elvish Names, Anyone Need One? (Closed, Use new thread)

My elven names are...

• ...just made up to sound neat.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • ...somewhat elvish-sounding.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • ...Pure Elvish.

Votes: 35 29.4%

Angcuru

First Post
Seonaid said:

Elven, of course. :)

Well, then.

Were my name to be Elven, it would have to be Angcuru Oinamelar. Mostly because that's the name of my alter-ego character, who I am beginning to write about in the storyhour forum. Check out Echoes of Tradegy if you're interested.

You, (judging by your Avatar) would be Carnimlanatshee, which means 'pink-clothed fairy'.;)

Love the sig, BTW.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
Angcuru---

Where can one get a copy of the dictionary/program you mention?

I have misplaced my copy of the Silmarillion, but it sounds like this dictionary is even more broad in scope than the Quenya and Sindarin info from there. Is that correct?

Dark Eternal

First Post
Hail, Brother!

Just had a wicked idea... gonna change the name of Saberhagen's twelve Swords to elven! Then I'll slip them into my campaign under the elven names, and my players will NEVER guess what the heck they're messing with... *echoing wicked laugh crescendo*

So, if you would do me the honors of translating all of these (if you don't have a name, give me the closest approximation in meaning that you can find. If there isn't anything even close, then I'll get by without it.)

Coinspinner

Wayfinder

Sightblinder

Dragonslicer

Stonecutter

Shieldbreaker

Doomgiver

Woundhealer

Townsaver

Soulcutter

Farslayer

The Mindsword

If you can get at least half of those translated, I'll have enough to go on. Thanks!

"They will know the power of my sword!" -Manowar

Mystic_23

First Post
Hey...I'd like to know what the translation of "Hater of All" in elvish is.

A long time ago, I made a party for the old SSI 'Curse of the Asure Bonds' game. I was messing around, and made a dwarf named "Elf Hater" an elf named "Dwarf Hater" and so forth. The last character I made was a paladin...and I named him "Hater of All" I was thinking it would be cool to call an NPC that in elvish.

Thanks

Klaus

First Post
Hey, Angcuru! Best timing ever, as my PC group will be venturing into elven lands next adventure! Here's what I need:

- Half-Elf
- Ghost Spider(s) (aka Phase Spider)
- Wishing Stone (a huge black opal holding a wish spell)
- Bladesinger (my half-elf rog/wiz will pick up her first bls level)
- Queen of Elves
- "Corrupted by the Spider" (an elf wizard who turned to Lolth)
- "Prodigal Daughter" (my half-elf PC, who is about to rediscover her elven roots, since she never knew her elf father)

Thanks a gazillion!

Seonaid

Explorer
Angcuru said:
Angcuru Uuaina'melar.
You, (judging by your Avatar) would be Carnimlanatshee, which means 'pink-clothed fairy'.;)

Love the sig, BTW.

And what does your name mean?

"Pink-clothed fairy," huh? Kind of frilly, isn't it? And I was going more for the angel feel. Hm . . .

Thanks. :)

Angcuru

First Post
grodog said:
Angcuru---

Where can one get a copy of the dictionary/program you mention?

I have misplaced my copy of the Silmarillion, but it sounds like this dictionary is even more broad in scope than the Quenya and Sindarin info from there. Is that correct?

Very much so, yes.

If you have Kazaa, do a document search on Elven Dictionary and ONLY GET THE PDF.

Angcuru

First Post
Dark Eternal said:
Hail, Brother!

YO!

Coinspinner - no word for spin
Wayfinder - Menutua
Sightblinder - no word for blind
Dragonslicer - Urulokikirissa(dragon slasher)
Stonecutter - Ondokira
Shieldbreaker - Tinchorusva
Doomgiver - Amarthona
Woundhealer - Harwafallana
Townsaver - no word for save, strangely
Soulcutter - Uuaina'kira
Farslayer - Haendenga
The Mindsword - no word for mind

Dark Eternal said:
"They will know the power of my sword!" -Manowar

Oh, you have NO idea. :D My favorite is Shieldbreaker. That sword is MEAN!

Mystic_23 said:
Hey...I'd like to know what the translation of "Hater of All" in elvish is.
Thanks

Hater of All - Ilyadelotha

blackshirt5 said:
Dark Eternal, what are saberhagen's twelve swords? i.e., what books are they from?

They're writeups of swords forged by the Roman Gods and sent to the world of the mortals. Each blade has it's own unique powers, and the gods view the changing of hands of the swords to be a bit of a competition. Very nice stuff.

Klaus said:
Hey, Angcuru! Best timing ever, as my PC group will be venturing into elven lands next adventure! Here's what I need:
Thanks a gazillion!

Peredhil - Half-Elf
oddly, no word for ghost - Ghost Spider(s) (aka Phase Spider)
ARG, no word for wish either - Wishing Stone (a huge black opal holding a wish spell)
Megilindir - Bladesinger - Queen of Elves
NO WORD FOR corrupt either (DAMMIT) - "Corrupted by the Spider" (an elf wizard who turned to Lolth)
no word for prodigy or prodigal - "Prodigal Daughter" (my half-elf PC, who is about to rediscover her elven roots, since she never knew her elf father)

y'know, I'm beginning to bear a grudge against this pdf:mad:

Angcuru

First Post
Seonaid said:

And what does your name mean?

"Pink-clothed fairy," huh? Kind of frilly, isn't it? And I was going more for the angel feel. Hm . . .

Thanks. :)

Angcuru means 'Iron Skill', I.E. greatly skilled, etc.
Uuaina'melar means 'soul of the lover'.

well, then: Carnimlanat Feaina'rammavoite

You're welcome.;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases