Elven/Elvish Names, Anyone Need One? (Closed, Use new thread)

My elven names are...

• ...just made up to sound neat.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • ...somewhat elvish-sounding.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • ...Pure Elvish.

Votes: 35 29.4%

Angcuru

First Post
Dagredhel said:
Hey there.

Want to try translating 'Dagredhel' from the elvish into English?
Dagr is not listed is my PDF, but in elvish, you take out a letter or two to make the word flow better, but still keep the general sound and look of the word. Dagora means (to battle), Dagor means battle, and edhel means elf. So this "Dagredhel" could mean either Battle Elf or To Battle Elf....so I'd say Battle Elf or Elf of Battle.

doctorjeff98 said:
What does Angcuru mean?
"Iron Skill" I.E. Highly Skilled, etc. etc.:cool:

Last edited:

Dagredhel

Explorer
'Dagredhel' was the name of my favorite character, an elf (of all things!) I composed his name using Tolkien's elvish as gleaned from the glossary of an old copy of the Silmarrilion. 'Dagr' for 'sword' and 'edhel' for 'tree'. The character went by 'Ironbranch' in the Common tongue (using it in place of a surname.) He was a non-spellcasting "Bladesinger", a two-weapon Fighter 'double-specialized' in the elven fighting-style.

'Battle-Elf' would have suited him just fine.:)

Angcuru

First Post
I just got a newer, updated version of the Elven Dictionary, allowing for more accuracy and flexibility in creating names. Thought I'd let everyone know, In case you want to re-submit a name or something similar, or just disovered this thread now.

Arravis

First Post
If you could, Angcuru, I'd like to see what you could do for my wingless avariel character...

Perhaps:

Wingless
Traitor
Betrayer of the clouds
Fallen

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome as well.
Thanks! :)

-Ekimus-

First Post
How about....

Windstriker
Fogstrider
Mistwalker
and split the words if you would, i would like to mix and match them to whichever sounds the best. thanks

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases