Autistic DM (he/him)
Chocolate is poisonous to us, but the amount of chocolate you have to eat for the poison to kill you is more than your stomach can physically hold. Just because other things can kill you if you consume too much of it does not make something else not be poison.You can die from an awful lot of things in extremes. Doesn’t make the thing poison.
Alcohol is poison. It's relatively safe (it's not healthy in any amount, but relatively safe) in moderation and in settings where being drunk won't kill you. Chocolate is poisonous, but only in outrageous quantities, but it's still poisonous. Alcohol is dangerous in much smaller quantities, and is poison.