D&D (2024) Elves without racism [+]

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Heh. That might be the first good reason for Halflings to exist in D&D.
You started a plus thread, and then tossed this bomb into it.

You're telling people they cannot have racism with their fantasy races, and then tossing this bomb out there.

Serious Yaarel? I know you know a whole lot of your peers here like halflings in D&D and as a concept. Can we not? Can we not do this double standard "Let me insult anyone who likes this entire race in D&D" thing? I mean, I get it, you don't like a particular race and think they are stupid and think they should not exist. Maybe don't do that in a thread where you're on an anti-racism high horse?

Yaarel

He Mage
You started a plus thread, and then tossed this bomb into it.

You're telling people they cannot have racism with their fantasy races, and then tossing this bomb out there.

Serious Yaarel? I know you know a whole lot of your peers here like halflings in D&D and as a concept. Can we not? Can we not do this double standard "Let me insult anyone who likes this entire race in D&D" thing? I mean, I get it, you don't like a particular race and think they are stupid and think they should not exist. Maybe don't do that in a thread where you're on an anti-racism high horse?
The reason for not needing a Halfling species is, it seems like a normal member of the Human species who is shorter.

A Small Human who takes the Lucky Feat.

Yaarel

He Mage
Agreed, negative modifiers, Stat minimum and maximum, and variability in species based ASI all need to return.
Thats just ethnic stereotypes:

• This race is slightly smarter.

• This race is slightly dumber.

A distinct species is ENTIRELY UNLIKE the other.

Remove ads