• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elyden - evil adventure OOC talk

vorropohaiah

First Post
So this is the out of character thread for the main adventure http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?364167-Elyden-Evil-Campaign&p=6389639#post6389639

Use this thread whenever you as a player are talking or asking something, to try and keep the adventure thread on topic and looking cool. So whenever you want your character to do something , ask here, ill give you a reply and then you can state it in more baroque text in the adventure thread.

Any dice rolling is done here, with links to
http://invisiblecastle.com/ be sure to write your character’s action and name when rolling. You can then describe the action according to the dice roll on the adventure thread.

Alternatively, we can ke
ep here for generic chit-chat, and can use hidden text to represent player talks (the infamous “ “ we use in real life).
(highlight the above to reveal)

Let me know what you think.

Also, I think its cool to pick a colour for your character’s text that easy to read and distinctive so we have a good visual queue as to who’se talking when.

Last edited:

vorropohaiah

First Post
also, apart from those times when we can all get together for a few hours i don't expect this to be something we will all be posting at the same time, so general rule is (particularly in combat situations) give you intended action for the coming round as well as the round after, unless something surprising happens). this helps move things along.

also if you can find a fitting portrait for your character (similar to what paul did before) you can upload it here so we can all remember.

15404_10152226166040544_1962653042736887227_n.jpg
Namtar and Nimh Scheal

Last edited:

First Reply

Ok cool. That is what I was thinking. Now - Actions: e.g. Vincent casts X, where would that be? Here or in the other one? Or Vincent goes to the temple - we could always make it somewhat more descriptive and post it in the official one right?

Also - should we do a maximum of thread posts per day or something like that coz then someone could get completely lost?

vorropohaiah

First Post
Well that's what I want to discuss here. I think what you said we can do in the other thread. This one can be used for more direct questions or questions about the world etc. So I'm guessing (for the main thred) we could so something like:

I want Vincent to attack (1d20+8=16).

I tell you it succeeds. Then you describe it nicely.

Vincent leaps through the air...

vorropohaiah

First Post
I think generally the best thing is to describe your action, roll the dice and also include a backup action in case something happens and your original action is made void through other people's actions

Remove ads