Email notifications?

MarkB

Legend
I've made no recent changes to my user settings, but as of yesterday afternoon I'm suddenly receiving email notifications of Laughs / XP Awards and Quotes. Is there some change that's been made server-side to enable this, and what do I need to amend in my settings to disable it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nope, no change here. How weird. But you can turn them off in the settings.

I wonder if they used to be going to your spam folder or something, and your IP changed something?

Skepticultist

Banned
Banned
Okay, that didn't work at all. Still getting flooded with notifications.

EDIT: Figured it out. It was thread notifications, which get turned off somewhere else.

Last edited:

ctorus

Explorer
Can you reveal where you were able to turn off thread notifications? Not obvious to me in the settings page.

I really think the default should not be to send any emails at all except perhaps regarding admin issues. The current behaviour, in which it seems by default I am mailed every time someone replies to a thread I have posted in, is highly unusual and not good.

Chad Hooper

First Post
If I've done it right, on your Control Panel at the top of the sidebar to the left is a folder labeled "Subscriptions". I clicked in there, checkmarked all of my subscribed threads, then chose the option "through my Control Panel only" and clicked "Go".

We'll see if it worked, or if a Mod tells me the right way to do it if that wasn't it. I can't resist trying to figure such stuff out on my own, at least once!;)

Remove ads